MULTI-PLATINUM SELLING RAPPER TEE GRIZZLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE + VIDEO FOR “PAYROLL” FT. PAYROLL GIOVANNI + TO BE FEATURED ON NEW PROJECT THE SMARTEST TO DROP THIS YEAR
Today, rapper Tee Grizzley releases a new single and music video for “Payroll” (WATCH HERE) featuring fellow Detroit native Payroll Giovanni. With an assist from Payroll Giovanni, Tee Grizzley taps back into the streets of Detroit going bar for bar over the thunderous beat. Exclaiming “Looked up to Payroll growing up, look b***h I’m from the D” setting the tone for the rest of the track. This release comes with the announcement of his new project The Smartest which will include fan-favorite “Red Light” produced by Hit-Boy, his viral single “Satish” dedicated to his late aunt, along with a range of other guest appearances.
Preserving unprecedented momentum from a breakthrough 2019, platinum-certified R&B singer and songwriter Queen Naija officially shares her new single “Butterflies Pt. 2” today. Get it HERE via Capitol Music Group. It stands out as the sequel to her recently platinum-certified 2018 single “Butterflies.”
Earlier this week, she teased out the track on YouTube with a “Memory Video.” View it HERE. The clip impressively neared 1 million views in less three days. It intercuts intimate real-life moments between Queen Naija and her boyfriend Clarence White. Cycling through actual Facetime chats and iPhone video, it seamlessly reflects the vulnerability of the track itself. Over acoustic guitar-laced minimal production by Rice N’ Peas [Kiana Ledé, Bazzi], emotion shines through the verses as she confesses, “I still get butterflies.”
“Butterflies Pt. 2” sets the stage for an even bigger 2020 as she readies her anxiously awaited full-length debut album for release very soon.
Grammy®-nominated multi-platinum singer/songwriter Jhené Aiko has confirmed the March 6th release of CHILOMBO, her highly-anticipated third album via Def Jam Recordings.
The first three advance single releases from CHILOMBO have tallied over 500 million cumulative global streams – the RIAA platinum certified “Triggered” (with over 300 million streams), “None Of Your Concern” (with over 100 million streams), and “P*$$y Fairy (OTW)“.
CHILOMBO proclaims the artist’s full name, Jhené Aiko Efuru CHILOMBO, as it celebrates her coming into her own personal power. The initial jam sessions where she freestyled the lyrics to each song, took place on The Big Island of Hawaii where Jhené’s great grandmother was born. Jhené was inspired by the beauty and power of the island’s volcanoes, having visited throughout the years. Chilombo means wild beast. The volcano is symbolic of the beautiful, yet powerful beast. Jhené Aiko is Chilombo. In contrast to her 2017 album, Trip, which intricately detailed the process of grieving, CHILOMBO finds Jhené embracing her strength and power, and coming into her confidence as a woman, a creator and a healer. She has always embraced magic in her particular brand of soulful, trippy, ethereal R&B, but now on CHILOMBO she has taken it all to another level.
For years, Jhené has been studying the practice of sound healing. With CHILOMBO, she has incorporated crystal alchemy singing bowls on every track. This form of sound healing has been found to be both physically and mentally healing on the cellular level. Jhené hopes to introduce her fans to sound as a form of healing through what she calls “modern mantra” as illustrated by the “triggered protection mantra.”
CHILOMBO follows up the RIAA gold Trip, which debuted on the R&B chart at #1, and instantly became one of the most critically acclaimed releases of 2017. Newsweek called Trip “a beautiful ode to dealing with grief and finally letting go of the past in order to move forward… with a mix of up and downtempo tracks and a plethora of guest appearances from artists like Swae Lee, Big Sean, Kurupt, Dr. Chill, Namiko Love, Mali Music and Brandy, Trip is an album that just about anyone who’s ever lost a loved one can relate to.”
Trip, a masterwork more than a decade in the making, took listeners through the unique odyssey of love and loss, heartbreak and discovery that Jhené endured over the previous decade, witnessed closely by her loyal fans. It was a tribute to the changes that rocked her life and career – the tragic loss of her brother to cancer in 2012, and her journey to try to manage her grief through relationships, substances and art. The album spun off a trio of top-selling hit singles through 2017-2018: the Top 10 double-platinum “Sativa” featuring Rae Sremmurd (over 166 million YouTube views); the Top 10 platinum “While We’re Young” (over 59 million combined YouTube views); and the RIAA gold “Never Call Me” featuring Kurupt.
Trip was introduced by a 23-minute short film which Jhené wrote and directed, with help from her friend, screenwriter Tracy Oliver (Girls Trip). The album’s success led to Jhené’s first 16-city headlining tour of North America in November-December 2017. It was her first major outing since 2016, when she first joined Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa on their High Road Summer Tour.
GMC will introduce the GMC HUMMER EV, bringing bold design and remarkable capability to the electrified vehicle space, during this weekend’s big game, in an ad titled “Quiet Revolution.”
The spot juxtaposes the staggering anticipated performance metrics of GMC’s first all-electric truck with the remarkable quietness inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
The GMC HUMMER EV truck will showcase the GMC brand’s design and engineering potential, and will feature1:
- 1,000 horsepower
- 11,500 lb-ft of torque
- 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds
“GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising.”
The GMC HUMMER EV will be revealed on May 20, 2020 and built in Michigan at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant2.
The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the big game. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of GMC’s all-electric super truck, which will generate remarkable metrics in terms of horsepower, torque and acceleration while providing incredible on- and off-road capability. All of this is combined with the vastly reduced noise and zero emissions inherent in the operation of an electric vehicle.
As part of the digital and social media marketing push surrounding the big game ad, GMC will take over the YouTube homepage masthead on Friday, Jan. 31. Customers can follow the conversation at #GMCHummerEV.
More information is available at www.gmc.com/HummerEV.
1Based on General Motors estimates.
2The GMC HUMMER EV will be built in Michigan at GM’s Detroit Hamtramck Assembly with globally sourced parts.
With a strong foundation of manufacturing trucks since 1902 and now selling in a dozen countries across the world, GMC offers purpose-built vehicles designed and engineered to the highest standard. From the all-new compact SUV Terrain to the Sierra HD, our trucks and crossovers deliver GMC’s signature combination of intuitive technologies and premium execution, with the popular Denali representing the pinnacle of GMC design, performance and amenities. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com, on Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.
Iconic vehicle starred in more than 1,750 films and television series since 1952
Yesterday, the Chevrolet Suburban became the first vehicle ever awarded an Award of Excellence star at Hollywood & Highland. Presented by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and unveiled at a ceremony on Hollywood Boulevard, the award recognizes Suburban for its 67-year career in Hollywood film and television.
“For six decades the Chevrolet Suburban has been Hollywood’s longest-working actor,” said Rana Ghadban, president and CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. “Appearing in classic feature films and on must-see television shows, the Suburban is a well-established industry mainstay. With the Chevrolet Tahoe also making an impact in movies and on television, it’s impressive to have both vehicles now join an illustrious group of actors and characters that are forever known as Hollywood legends.”
During its acting career the Suburban evolved to become the ultimate character actor, able to play the hero, the villain, or the family alike.
“There’s really nothing else like the Chevrolet Suburban in this business, for two reasons,” said Dennis McCarthy, Hollywood picture car coordinator. “First, it’s one of the most versatile vehicles in the business, able to fit with any type of character. Second, it can help instantly give a scene added importance. When a convoy of black Suburbans appears on screen, you know that’s not the time to leave your seat to buy popcorn.”
The relationship between the Chevy Suburban and Hollywood began in 1952, when it first appeared on the silver screen. Since then, Suburban has starred in more than 1,750 films and television series. It has appeared in at least one television series every year since 1956, and at least one film every year since 1960. Suburban has also appeared in more than 30 award-nominated films.
The filmography is even more impressive when combined with the Chevy Tahoe. Together, Tahoe and Suburban have appeared in more than 2,500 films and television shows. Since the Tahoe was introduced in 1995, it has appeared in at least one film and television show every year.
According to Tim Kozub, design manager for Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, their on-screen persona also influenced the all-new Suburban and Tahoe, which will be unveiled later this month: “This is a great example of how life and art influence each other. The popularity of Suburban and Tahoe in film was first inspired by the real-life roles they played in the military, in law enforcement and family trips around the world. Today, their role in Hollywood inspired the design of the all-new models, as we integrated the sense of capability, action, and importance associated with Suburban and Tahoe on screen.”
For more information on the Tahoe and Suburban, please visit Chevrolet.com.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found HERE.
ABOUT HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
For more than 97 years, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has provided leadership, business development resources, networking, and government affairs programs and services to keep the Hollywood business and residential communities safe, relevant and economically vital. Donelle Dadigan, is the Chair of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2019-2020, and Rana Ghadban is the President/CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. For more information please go HERE.
Born in Turin on August 28, 1958.
After graduating in Mechanical Engineering at Turin Polytechnic he began his career in Pininfarina in 1982 and in 1983 gained experience working at Cadillac in Detroit, USA, and then in Japan with Honda.
From 1984 to 1986 he was Quality and Reliability Manager for Cadillac’s Allanté project.
From 1987 to 1989 he was Program Manager at General Motors for the Engineering GM 200 project.
In 1987 he was appointed Chairman and CEO of Pininfarina Extra S.r.l., a Pininfarina Group company operating in the industrial, furnishing, architectural and nautical and aeronautical design sectors. Under his management, in a 25-year period Pininfarina Extra has developed about 500 projects and has consolidated relationships with prestigious international companies like Alenia Aermacchi, Bovet, Calligaris, Chivas Regal, Coca-Cola, Costa Coffee, Gorenje, Juventus, Lavazza, Motorola, Petronas, Samsung, Schaefer, Snaidero and Unilever.
From 1999 to 2004 he has been a member of the Scientific Committee of Turin’s European Institute of Design.
In 2001 he became “Emeritus Participating Founder” of the ADI Foundation for Italian Design.
At the Pininfarina S.p.A. parent company he became a board member in 1988, from 2002 he has been a member of the Steering Committee and, again starting 2002, in his capacity as the head of the Quality System Department he contributed to the award of ISOTS/16949 certification to the Company, which took place in July 2003. On May 12, 2006 he was appointed Deputy Chairman of Pininfarina S.p.A.
On August 12, 2008 he was appointed Chairman of Pininfarina S.p.A.
From 2011 to 2013 he was Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the Farnesina Design Collection.
On June 2011 France recognized him as “Italian Personality of the Year” for his contribution to the success of the electric car sharing program Autolib for Paris.
On April 2014 he was appointed President of the company network E.B.T. – Exclusive Brands Torino, of which he has been Vice President from 2011.
On April 2019, he was appointed Vice President of Automotoclub Storico Italiano (ASI), the most important Italian association of owners of historical vehicles.
Three, two, one… Happy New Year! From parties lasting late into the night to day-time celebrations for the entire family and more, the country’s Midwest cities are hotspots for some of the greatest New Year’s traditions and events. Forget watching the ball drop in Times Square from your hotel room – the Midwest Marriott properties allow travelers and locals alike to ring in the New Year at their choice of festivities with convenient proximity. Whether looking to have an intimate New Year’s Eve with close friends or attending the largest gala, guests need not look far for the best lodging accommodations, some even with popular celebrations all their own.
• Travelers looking for an upscale celebration in the Second City have options aplenty. The JW Marriott Chicago offers its own NYE Soiree, boasting two concurrent events throughout the hotel. Featuring Chicago’s hottest live music cover bands and DJs, multiple rooms of entertainment and a four-hour all-inclusive premium package available, JW Marriott Chicago invites guests to leave the worries of the past year behind and embrace 2020 with full enthusiasm. Gala fans may enjoy “NYE 2020” at the W Chicago – City Center, an extravaganza with over-the-top entertainment, all-inclusive packages, pre- and post-parties and more in the heart of Chicago, near the Magnificent Mile. For guests looking to enjoy Chicago’s Navy Pier, the Chicago Resolution Gala, which is held annually in the Aon Grand Ballroom, is a lively option, while those traveling with children may prefer the spectacular display of Navy Pier’s Fireworks or enjoy time together at Lincoln Park Zoo’s Zoo Year’s Eve and the Chicago Children’s Museum Noon Year’s Eve. Several top Marriott properties are located just steps from these events, including The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, AC Hotel Chicago Downtown and The Westin Chicago River North.
• Those visiting the Twin Cities have prime pickings for luxurious and comfortable Marriott properties to stay at, no matter what their plans. All within walking distance or short driving distance from some of downtown Minneapolis’ most popular celebrations, Hotel Ivy, Elliot Park Hotel, Aloft Minneapolis, Le Meridien Chambers, W Minneapolis – The Foshay, Minneapolis Marriott City Center, Emery and Moxy Minneapolis Uptown are in the center of the action. One of the most notable events for New Year’s in Minneapolis is the Crystal Ball, which offers guests 21 years of age and older the opportunity to dance, sing, laugh and play the night away, with live DJs, Piano Karaoke Lounge, an arcade game room with interactive LED games and more. In a similar fashion, Countdown Minneapolis is held annually at The Minneapolis Club, the extravagant festivities occur on multiple levels of the club with top DJs and a midnight countdown. For music lovers, the Snowta NYE Festival is a must at the famous music venue, The Armory.
• New Year’s in Detroit often comes with its own Motown Twist. The luxe Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney is the perfect on-site hotel for those looking to attend the annual New Year’s Eve celebration at the historic David Whitney Building, which known for beautiful art deco architecture stylings and an enclosed five-story atrium covered in marble with a skylighted roof. The party features Epicurean catering, a champagne toast, balloon drop, hors d’oeuvres and live music for the evening. For travelers and locals looking to explore the city elsewhere, top celebrations include the classic Detroit Princess Riverboat New Year’s Eve Motown Dinner Cruise, which allows guests to “rock the boat” on the Detroit River, the Resolution Ball at The Fillmore Detroit, which is billed as the most exclusive NYE party in the Midwest, and NYE Bleuout at Bleu Detroit, all convenient celebrations under three miles from Courtyard Detroit Downtown, Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit and The Henry.
Kansas City and St. Louis,Missouri
• Whether in downtown Kansas City, the Crossroads Arts District or beyond the locals and visitors know how to celebrate. At the iconic Union Station, thousands of people gather each New Year’s Eve to countdown at the New Year’s Swingin’ Eve, big band style. Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center and The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center each offer a relaxing haven after an evening out, just a mere seven minute drive from Union Station and within walking distance of the Power & Light District, which hosts NYE! Live at the KC Live! block of the popular neighborhood. A fan favorite for individuals looking to get their party on into the early hours of the New Year, The View hosts a premium event with gourmet food options, DJs and a see-and-be-seen environment. Children and adults of all ages are invited to enjoy Zoo Year’s Eve at the Kansas City Zoo and Noon Year’s Eve at Science City, which is also conveniently located at Union Station.
• Across the state in St. Louis, similar festivities are held including NYE Live! At Ballpark Village in the dining and entertainment district downtown that attracts thousands of tourists each year. The Marriott St. Louis Grand and Magnolia Hotel St. Louis are each conveniently located less than a mile from the heart of Ballpark Village and the Courtyard St. Louis Downtown West is about 10 minutes from the action.
Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati,Ohio
• The three “C Cities” in Ohio are each hotspots for New Year’s Eve, boasting their own can’t-miss bashes. The Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel’s New Year’s Eve Party is held every year until 2 a.m. With several rooms each with their own vibe and entertainment, attendees have their choice of live band entertainment, DJs and the opportunity to enjoy a premium open bar, while being on-site at the beautiful hotel, keeping the evening safe and fun.
• In Cincinnati, visitors may enjoy a “Happy Zoo Year” at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, which is ideal for “party animals” of all ages, and the Fountain Square New Year’s Eve Blast, which welcomes thousands of attendees each year for a family-friendly, free day featuring goofy games, dancing, delicious food, musical performances, an ice skating rink and celebration finale of fireworks. Adults may prefer New Year’s Eve at Winterfest or a pre-fixe dining experience at Nicholson’s Palomino, The Palace and more, with the Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel close by to rest before and after the festivities. The city’s Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash and Courtyard Cincinnati Covington hotels offer comfortable accommodations a short drive from the hustle and bustle of downtown celebrations.
• Upscale travelers looking for an elevated New Year’s Eve should make their way to Cleveland’s top events including the New Year’s Eve Gala on the Nautica Queen, which never fails to sell out each year due to extreme popularity and the Decades and Diamonds at The Vault, an upscale cocktail bar in the heart of downtown. After the night of lavish fun concludes, The Westin Cleveland Downtown and The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland offer accommodations sure to match the satisfaction of celebrating the start of a new year.
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) pens an exclusive op-ed for ESSENCE.com entitled, Closing the School-to-Prison Pipeline for Good. In this piece, she talks about the threat that young students of color face every day, rethinking the approach to public education and public safety and more. She states:
“In the 1990’s, hundreds of police officers were deployed to public schools across the country as a component of the war on drugs and later in response to school shootings. Today, at least fourteen million students attend schools staffed with a police officer — but without a single counselor, social worker, psychologist, or nurse.
The result is that in many cases, an infraction as simple as back talking or skipping class that should end in detention or administrative intervention can end in arrest. Over the years, the implementation of policies from Zero-Tolerance to surveillance to criminalizing lateness and absenteeism have created a system of loopholes that trap our most vulnerable students in a pipeline kept alive by the for-profit prison system. It’s a system that disproportionately hurts black and brown students and undermines their learning…As President, I will work to close the school to prison pipeline, by rethinking our approach to public education and public safety…”
In addition, she reflects on her recently revealed plan to invest $800 billion in public schools and how she would invest “an additional $100 billion in ‘Excellence Grants’—that’s equivalent to $1 million for every public school in the country—to invest in things like after school arts programs and school-based student mentoring programs…” This would be in an overall effort toreduce the impact of systemic racial and economic disadvantage on students.
For more, visit ESSENCE.com.
Many people who live in the midst of a city crave the company of a dog. Living in built-up urban areas can sometimes be a lonely existence, and sometimes a dog is a soothing and comforting housemate that will keep you sane during rough times. However, when you live in such a busy area, it is important to do this responsibly. You want to make sure your pet is happy and contented in their surroundings before you shell out on such a big responsibility.
Check with your landlord
Before you head down to the pet store, double-check that your landlord actually allows pets in your property. You could cause real problems for your lease if you suddenly show up with an unexpected animal. If your landlord is reluctant, then have a clear and open chat about what type of dog you will be keeping and how you will look after it. If the landlord explicitly states that an animal is a no-go, then you may have to move.
Choose a breed that’s right for the area
Want to own a racing hound when you live on the 16th floor of an apartment block? That might be a bad idea. However, if you’re lucky enough to live in a house with a garden, and live near plenty of parks, you should be fine for more energetic breeds, such as labradors. Visiting a dog expert like Snowy Pines White Labradors will help you know if a lab is right for your family. If you decide a labrador is right for your family, then make sure you have plenty of room, and wide open spaces nearby to take them for runs. You need to give your dog what it needs and in this case, it is bigger space.
Be aware of the summer months
The warmer months can be incredibly tough on dogs. The sun not only makes it uncomfortable for them to exercise and move around, but it also dehydrates them. One extra consideration to make is how hot the pavement will get in direct heat. This could really hurt your dog’s paws, and so you may need to consider getting little covers for your dog’s feet. If in doubt, stick to shaded areas, and always bring water with you to keep your pet hydrated while the weather is intense.
Unless you happen to have inherited tonnes of wealth, your reasons for living in the city are likely to be a regular job. This means you will be away from your apartment and indeed your dog. If your employer doesn’t let you bring your dog to work, then you will need to research some daycare options. It’s not fair on your dog to leave them in a confined apartment or house while you go to work, especially in smaller city abodes.
There is an extra level of responsibility to consider when adopting a pet in the city. You have to be mindful of how you will exercise it and whether it will be truly happy in your living conditions. However, if you have the means to take it on regular walks, provide daycare and treat it with undying love, then you might just be ready for the adoption forms.
DEBUT ALBUM COMING SOON
Skyrocketing past 1 billion combined global streams and cementing herself as one of the year’s boldest breakout stars, platinum-certified R&B singer and songwriter Queen Naija shares a new single entitled “Good Morning Text” today.
“Good Morning Text” arrives on the heels of her last anthem “Away From You.” Amassing over 3.1 million Spotify streams to date, HotNewHipHop praised its “catchy hook,” and Rated RnB dubbed it a “finger-snapping bop.” Revolt placed it among, “7 Queen Naija songs that are testaments to her artistry” and elaborated, “It’s a display of a certain level of growth.”
The 24-year-old Detroit songstress, who began singing in church at age three, has emerged as one of 2018’s biggest breakout R&B stars. Queen and her former husband had found fame online with their popular YouTube channel. When their marriage fell apart last year, she self-released “Medicine,” a song detailing her side of the story. Within three weeks, “Medicine” debuted at No. 45 on the Billboard Hot 100 – a remarkable accomplishment for an unsigned artist. The New York Times singled out “Medicine” as “one of this year’s defining R&B songs,” and it eventually went platinum.
Her self-titled debut EP, Queen Naija, is out now and available HERE for download and streaming via Capitol Records.
Between “Medicine,” platinum follow-up single “Karma” and “Bad Boy,” which was produced by NO I.D. (JAY-Z, Kanye West), the collection has clocked over over 800 million combined global streams to date.