Healthcare companies are at the center of so many debates right now, and their involvement in the pandemic is one of the biggest.
Having to answer customer questions while COVID-19 impacts the nation in a manner unprecedented in our lifetime can be a challenge, but Authenticx is offering advice to companies attempting to provide answers.
Authenticx CEO Amy Brown said the upcoming flu season will bring about more questions, and we can use the past several months to prepare.
“Americans are tuned into what healthcare experts are saying like never before. We’re urging healthcare providers to seize this opportunity to listen to the concerns of the public and use their resources to provide clear guidelines and straightforward advice so healthcare consumers can make the best decisions to protect themselves and others,” Brown said.
Based on 45,000 data points pulled from customer conversations, Authenticx was able to determine three main concerns regarding coverage. The three concerns are as follows:
1. Contraction Risk: Patients have divided themselves into different demographics trying to determine the possibility of contracting COVID-19, and the flu will only make it more difficult to determine. Customers called their healthcare providers to ask questions like:
- Should I get my flu shot this year or does that lower my immune system?
- Is there anything I should know about flu shots relative to my specific treatment plan?
- Should I quarantine if I think I have the flu?
- How do I know if I have the flu or COVID-19? What should I do about that?
2. Flexible Payment Options: Unstable employment and loss of insurance have been devastating results of COVID-19, but customers are still trying to remain safe. Customers reportedly asked how to proceed forward with healthcare given limited financial flexibility. Those concerns are not likely to curtail in the very near future.
3. Supply Chain & Access to Medications: With COVID-19 taking priority in national health, many patients expressed concern about getting medication they required prior to the pandemic. Issues with the mail system could also cause consumers to panic if their medication sees shipping delays or problems. Between flu shots and COVID vaccines, drug manufacturers are being kept busy. Some worry they’re too busy to handle normal mandatory medication.
Brown said healthcare companies can implement a listening system for customers with these questions by doing the following:
1. Listen at Scale: It will be nearly impossible to give full attention to each and every customer. The goal should be to prioritize the most important questions and select customer interactions to monitor. Determine a specific sample size suited to the customer base and use that sample to select questions and customers to address specifically.
2. Be Strategic: Listening can provide insight when choosing a strategy for engaging with customers. The customers will tell companies what they are hoping for in terms of service, and that information can be used to change for the better. Once a strategy is solidified, deploy resources to give the customers what they hope to receive from the company.
3. Move Fast: Begin moving on customer questions right away. As news regarding healthcare develops, so do the needs of the customers. Concerns not handled right away could get lost in the shuffle in an ever-developing news cycle, and customers want their problems solved in real time.
To see a full step-by-step guide on how to properly serve healthcare customers right now, you can click right here.
In its continued efforts for robust growth across all media platforms, Wine Enthusiast Media, the leading source for modern wine content worldwide, is excited to announce a strategic restructure in its senior editorial teams.
Former Executive Editor Susan Kostrzewa has been promoted to Editor-in-Chief, increasing her focus on content partnerships, digital expansion, editorial brand awareness and diverse audience growth. Kostrzewa will expand her role in the consumer and trade market as a speaker, panelist and advisor, in addition to continuing management of all top-line editorial content strategy. She will also continue her role as a taster on the Greece and Cyprus wine beats.
During her 13-year tenure at the company, Kostrzewa has led a comprehensive rebrand of the legacy media group, including a complete redesign of the print magazine, website and expansion of the editorial team. Under her leadership, the media brand has launched successful editorial franchises such as the 40 Under 40 industry tastemakers list, the Wine & Culture editions, the Wine Enthusiast Podcast and the BIE online industry hub. She was awarded Folio’s Changemaker of the Year award in 2018 for her endeavors in inclusive coverage, innovative media expansion and California wildfire support.
Reporting to Kostrzewa, Managing Editor Lauren Buzzeo’s role has been expanded to oversee all digital and print editors in New York, as well as Wine Enthusiast’s global team of contributing editors, in efforts to better synergize operations and branding as well as advance cross-audience content. In her 13 years with the magazine, Buzzeo has been key in the development of the magazine’s international tasting panel as well as initiatives in new audience outreach such as the magazine’s first augmented reality (AR) cover in May 2019. As an author, taster, podcaster, educator and panelist, she has been active in growing awareness of beat regions such as South Africa and Languedoc-Roussillon, as well as the beer category.
Former VinePair Editor-in-Chief Emily Saladino has been recruited as Associate Managing Editor of Digital under Buzzeo and will focus on strategic content creation, WE Media digital audience growth and new online programs. At VinePair, Saladino doubled site traffic, overseeing a team of global freelance contributors as well as staff writers in New York. She launched the VinePair print magazine in May 2019. An accomplished writer, her work has been published in Bloomberg, BBC, Bon Appetit, Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler and others and she has also been a speaker at global industry events worldwide.
Further shifts in the editorial team, including the promotions of Layla Schlack to Associate Managing Editor of Print and Sarah Daniels to Senior Associate Editor, will support departmental synergies and growth.
These developments follow the recent ascension of second-generation owner and founder of wine registry start-up ThirstyNest, Jacqueline Strum, to the role of Associate Publisher, in which she will head the media company’s sales and events teams.
“The changes reflect a streamlining of the business and a 360-degree approach to delivering content,” says Publisher and CEO Adam Strum. “With this team’s progressive and comprehensive perspective on publishing, and Wine Enthusiast Media’s expanded emphasis on social media, digital media email marketing and direct marketing in addition to our legacy print platform, we are ensuring we’re everywhere in which the modern wine drinker can be found. We’ve long celebrated the vast potential of the wine sphere and the untapped audiences that are our industry’s future, and our moves are just another step for our brand in becoming the true voice of modern wine.”
Dress for Success Worldwide announces the addition of two talented leaders to the Dress for Success Board of Directors- Chief Executive Officer of M Booth, Dale Bornstein, and Chief Operating Officer at Etsy, Linda Findley Kozlowski. These powerful women join an already impressive roster of board members, offering new perspectives and an array of skill sets derived from more than 25 years of experience in public relations and international marketing industries.
In 2013, after a 25-year career at Ketchum, Dale Bornstein took the reins of M Booth and led the firm’s drive towards integration and expansion, deepening and building new capabilities and recruiting best-in-class talent, resulting in the agency’s most successful period of client acquisition and revenue growth. Dale believes that people who live inspiring lives do inspiring work. This philosophy is at the core of M Booth’s employee-centric culture, where staff are encouraged to pursue their passions and apply that inspiration to driving client success. The firm has doubled in size under her leadership, attracted diverse talent and won every major industry award for both the agency and its clients. Dale has been named to PRWeek’s “Power List” twice over the last two years and the agency has won over 40 industry awards since 2015. She is currently serving a three year term for the Public Relations Council (PRC) where she helps champion the SHEQUALITY
Linda Findley Kozlowski
Linda Findley Kozlowski, COO of Etsy, the global marketplace for unique and creative goods, also brings 25 years of experience in operations, strategy, marketing, business development, public relations and customer service. During her time at both public and private companies, she has proven her ability to scale organizations, expand into new markets, introduce products, manage change, improve processes, increase efficiency, and adapt within complex and rapidly changing environments. An accomplished technology, small business and consumer product executive, she has overseen growth initiatives in almost every region of the world including Europe, Asia, Latin America, Russia and India.
About Dress for Success:
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to 160 cities in 30 countries. To date, Dress for Success has helped over 1,000,000 women work towards self-sufficiency. Visit www.dressforsuccess.org to learn more.
March has been Madness! (In the best of ways)
We’re kiiping busy, and hope you have been too. This year is already flying by and we’ve got so much to share!
#PressforProgress & #feff
Kiip is dedicated to supporting and growing an equal and diverse workforce and we know that means having an open and honest conversation about how we can do better. Take a look at what our leaders here at Kiip have to say about progress in 2018.
&#feff; Kiip Gets Into the Data & Audiences Business
We’ve been hard at work. Since we launched our Moments Table, many brands have asked if they can use our data more broadly. We finally launched our audiences into (initially) LiveRamp Data Store and now I am happy to report that you can buy moments audiences decoupled with our media.
On top of this, we rounded out our data suite with our Surveys product. Too often as marketers we are faced with limited 3rd party data options (largely cookie based or too probabilistic). We decided to use our mobile-first positioning and engagement unit in our ads to create a survey product where the marketer can simply ask the consumer (millions of them). With these survey responses we can create seed audiences activated on Kiip (or elsewhere as aforementioned) or simply qualify the success of your campaign. The possibilities are endless.
To help further hammer home the point of why we went into the data business, we put together some helpful content. An interesting tidbit: the VP of Netflix started quite a stir in 2016 when he suggested that demographic data was a thing of the past, or rather headed to the trash. I believe that marketing is heading from a segment-based approach to a signal-based approach. Here’s a post from one of our brilliant strategist Lauren, on how best to ensure that your audience data is used effectively and sourced transparently.
Okay so now you’ve read all about how to avoid the pitfalls (in the post linked above), are you ready to talk strategy and leave generic data in the past? Schedule a complimentary session today and learn more about how our audience targeting stands out from the crowd.
The Summer Forecast
Every month we release mobile app behavior trends called M.I.C. drops. These help our media buying customers to get ahead of trends and know how to buy more effectively based on what people are going to be spending time doing. The March M.I.C. drop stats are in and it’s sunny with a chance of 2 in 3 teens working this summer. This summer polls 55% of teens working and earning over $1K. We’ve collected the data, now you can make accurate predictions on what they’ll be spending that money on and when. See for yourself how best to reach a teen audience this summer!
Case Study Center
- We’ve been working with the app store’s most popular free fitness app for a while now: Sweatcoin. Here’s our case study with how we worked with them to monetize and engage their most active users.
- Here’s another case study about a lifestyle app that’s all about beauty and selfies. You wouldn’t believe how many people love this app.
Candy Crush Saga Celebrates Five Year Anniversary
Candy Crush Saga, the deliciously colourful game first burst onto our phones five years ago today and has since become a global phenomenon.
The brainchild of Sebastian Knutsson and a small team in Stockholm, the franchise’s inaugural game, Candy Crush Saga, was released on mobile in November 2012 and is played all around the world by millions of people. Games within the Candy Crush franchise have been downloaded almost three billion times worldwide*, and have a social media fan base bigger than Katy Perry’s. Despite being five years old, Candy Crush Saga has retained its popularity and returned to the #1 position on the iOS and Android app stores in the US following a record-breaking third quarter. In addition, King has had two of the top 10 grossing games in the US for four consecutive years.
To mark the fifth anniversary, King is launching some exciting in-game updates and giving players the most powerful booster to date in the form of the birthdaylicious Party Booster. Designed to give that sweet winning feeling, players will receive two free party boosters giving a series of special, never-before-seen effects, tasty treats and more. The party booster is available to players on level 29 and above from 14th November to 23rd November 2017 via iOS, Android, Amazon and Windows.
Candy Crush Saga fans can join in the celebrations on Facebook and Twitter using #ThatSweetFeeling
Turner & Perry, LLC is a consulting firm that specializes in capturing the overflow of work from Training departments sinking in Learning and Development (L&D) projects, and we capture the work from companies who do not have Training departments but need materials designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated.
Angella Turner is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Turner & Perry, LLC and holds a Masters in Training and Development from Oakland University in Rochester, MI. As a skilled Learning and Development professional, she is proficient and experienced through a plethora of initiatives in both corporate and non-traditional environments; including practitioner experience in the areas of Automotive, Customer Service, Education (K-12), Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. Angella’s Project Management expertise comes from connection of people, resources and projects to ensure coordination of business and project goals, timelines, and instructional outcomes using a variety of communication methods and technology tools.
As an advocate of community engagement, she serves through various initiatives as an event planner, facilitator, keynote speaker, mentor, volunteer chaplain and youth advocate.
Sherica Perry is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Turner & Perry, LLC and holds a Masters in Training and Development from Oakland University in Rochester, MI. She is an accomplished Learning and Development professional with demonstrated expertise in cross-cultural, global, and virtual environments across automotive, telecommunications, technical, insurance, healthcare, accounting and government sectors. Sherica is highly skilled in analyzing organizational needs, identifying viable solutions, and aligning learning and development initiatives with operational objectives and well-versed in designing blended-learning solutions to support all adult learners (Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials) including, fish bowls, job aids, peripherals, and self-paced tools.
As a respected business partner and strategic consultant who has managed training projects for a variety of Fortune 100 companies; she employs expertise in advanced instructional design processes, organization development, leadership, learning management systems, evaluation (scored assessments), coaching, facilitation, project management, and program design and development to position global and domestic organizations for competitive advantage.
AtGames Launches Massive Non-Gaming Retail Blitz Bringing Classic Gaming Hardware to Family Dollar, Kroger, Walgreens, Office Depot and More
The classic videogames of the 70s, 80s, and 90s are coming home and going on the road as AtGames today announced the launch of the Atari Flashback Portable Game Player, the Sega Ultimate Portable Game Player, the Atari Flashback 8 Classic Game Console and the Sega Classic Game Console. All four systems, loaded with classic games, are available starting today at Family Dollar and Toys “R” Us. Additional retailers will have the systems available in the coming weeks.
AtGames also today announced that the new premium HD versions of their classic gaming consoles: the Atari Flashback 8 Gold and the Sega Genesis Flashback will be available at major retailers starting on October 24. The Atari Flashback 8 Gold Activision Edition will be available at select retailers in November.
To support the launch of the new systems, AtGames is engaging in a massive non-gaming retail blitz that will bring the classic gaming hardware to retailers including Family Dollar, Dollar General, Kroger, Walgreens, Office Depot, Staples, Kohls, Urban Outfitter, Rite Aid, BJs, JC Penney, QVC, HEB and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Game retailers offering the products include Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Best Buy and Toys “R” Us.
“AtGames has always focused on family friendly fun, value and accessibility,” said Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “Making it easy for families to enjoy video games together continues to be AtGames’ mission.“
Details on all seven new systems are below:
1. The all-new Atari Flashback® 8 Gold features 120 built-in all-time favorites. Games include legends like Activision’s Pitfall! and Taito’s Space Invaders, as well as many other all-time Atari 2600 classics like Kaboom!™, River Raid™, Centipede™, and Millipede™. Two all new, high performance 2.4ghz wireless controllers, styled after the Atari 2600 originals, are included, as well as two legacy controller ports for optional wired joysticks or paddles. Other all new features for the Atari Flashback® 8 Gold include 720p HDMI output, scan line filtering, and save/pause/rewind feature functionality.
2. The all-new Atari Flashback® 8 Gold Activision Edition features 130 built-in games, including 39 Activision classics. These games include legends like Activision’s Pitfall!, which is celebrating its 35th anniversary, as well as many other all-time Atari 2600 classics like Freeway™, and River Raid™. Two high performance 2.4ghz wireless controllers, styled after the Atari 2600 originals, are included, as well as two legacy controller ports for optional wired joysticks. Other features for the Activision Edition include 720p HDMI output, scan line filtering, and save/pause/rewind feature functionality.
3. The Atari Flashback® 8 Classic Game Console returns in a new value-priced edition, complete with 105 all-time favorites. Amazing new additions to the game line-up include Activision legends like Pitfall!™, Kaboom!™, and River Raid™. Two wired controllers, styled after the Atari 2600 originals, are included, as well as two legacy controller ports to add your own optional wired joysticks or paddles.
4. The Atari Flashback® Portable Game Player features an amazing selection of 70 built-in games, including the legendary BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment arcade hit, PAC-MAN™. Other blockbuster games include Dig Dug™, Pitfall!™, and Frogger™, and you can even add your own games with an optional SD card. A built-in, rechargeable battery, means the on-the-go fun never has to end. Games can be played on the portable’s high resolution 2.8” display, or on a TV via optional cable.
5. The all-new Sega Genesis Flashback has a stunning new design, reminiscent of the original console, and features 85 built-in games as well as an integrated cartridge port that plays almost all of your favorite Sega Genesis and Mega Drive original cartridges. Built-in all-time favorites include the Sonic™ series, Mortal Kombat™ series, Phantasy Star™ series, and Shining Force™ series. Two new high performance 2.4ghz wireless controllers, styled after the Sega Genesis six button originals, are included, as well as two legacy controller ports for optional wired gamepads. Other new features for the Sega Genesis Flashback include 720p HDMI output, scan line filtering, and save/pause/rewind feature functionality.
6. The Classic Game Console returns in a new value-priced edition, complete with 81 all-time favorites. Amazing new additions to the game line-up include role-playing and strategy legends, Shining Force™, and Shining Force II™. Two wired controllers, styled after the Sega Genesis originals, are included, as well as two legacy controller ports to add your own optional wired controllers.
7. The Ultimate Portable Game Player returns with an enhanced selection of 85 built-in 16-bit Sega Genesis and Mega Drive classic games. The selection of blockbuster games include new additions PAC-PANIC™ and Splatterhouse 2™, as well as many more surprises. You can even add your own games with an optional SD card! Returning for 2017 is save game support for the included Phantasy Star™ series role-playing games. A built-in, rechargeable battery, means the on-the-go fun never has to end. Games can be played on the portable’s high resolution 2.8” display, or on a TV via optional cable.
AtGames Digital Media Inc. is a leader in innovative consumer-oriented interactive entertainment products. The company leverages the latest technology to develop and publish its best-selling classic video game products for worldwide distribution. AtGames is based in Los Angeles, with international offices in Taipei and Shenzhen.