Champion will celebrate its first-ever Reverse Weave Week from October 13 – October 19 to acknowledge the anniversary of the iconic franchise’s patent that was finalized on October 14, 1952.
To commemorate the celebration in a big way, Champion is teaming up with TikTok superstar, Jalaiah Harmon, the creator of the famous Renegade TikTok dance, to create a “reverse” version of the viral sensation. Even better, Champion is “reversing time” by ensuring that with this version, Jalaiah gets the credit she deserves from the start – as opposed to what happened when the original version was released last year and took off without her.
Jalaiah will post the Reverse Renegade dance on her TikTok on October 13, where viewers can check out and learn the dance and try it themselves! Anyone who posts a video doing the Reverse Renegade on TikTok and/or Instagram Reels from 6am PST on October 13 to 11:59pm PST on October 19 and use hashtag #ReverseRenegadeChallenge will have a chance to win just 1 of 52 exclusive, must-have “Reverse Reverse Weave” hoodies. Winners will be chosen at random on October 19 at 11:59pm PST and notified via direct message.
Rules to Enter Consumer Giveaway
- Follow Champion on TikTok & Instagram
- Use hashtag #ReverseRenegade
- Tag @Champion and mention a friend
History of Reverse Weave
- The history of Reverse Weave begins on the field in the 1930’s. Champion supplied many football teams with Reverse Weave uniforms. The brand listened to the concerns from coaches about shrinkage when washing big batches of athletic wear and decided to stitch athletic gear horizontally instead of vertically to help the uniforms last longer.
- Initially patented in 1938, the patent for Reverse Weave as we know and love it today was finally finalized on October 14, 1952. In 2017, the Reverse Weave hoodie was included in the MoMA “Is Fashion Modern” exhibit as one of the 111 items that have shaped the history of fashion. And today, you see Reverse Weave on just about every celebrity and consumer over the past couple generations.
- This is one of the first examples of what Champion’s “Be Your Own Champion” campaign is all about – encouraging consumers (and leading by example) to do things the right way, on and off the court – never cutting corners. Champion Reverse Weave is cut on the cross-grain to reduce shrinkage. Built with rib side panels for ease of movement, this heavyweight icon won’t slow you down.
- It’s not just a sweatshirt. It’s an heirloom. The Champion Reverse Weave is cut on the cross grain to reduce shrinkage and stand the test of time.
- Another reason the franchise is so beloved is because of its versatility. Originally, the Reverse Weave sweatshirt was made in solid colors and with a unisex fit. Over the years, it has expanded to include hoodies.