U.S. PRICING ANNOUNCED FOR JAGUAR I-PACE
– All-electric Jaguar I-PACE priced from $69,5001 in the U.S.
– Equipped with a 90kWh battery, the I-PACE delivers an estimated range of up to 240 miles2
– Owners can achieve 80 percent battery charge from empty in approximately 40 minutes using 100kW DC fast chargers3
– 0-80 percent charge at home using a 230V AC wall box can be achieved in just over 10 hours3
– U.S. customer deliveries to begin during the second half of 2018
– Since the debut of the Jaguar I-PACE Concept, U.S. customers have been registering their interest to purchase the new Jaguar I-PACE at www.jaguarusa.com
– As of March 1, Jaguar retailers have been able to place customer orders for the new I-PACE
– Jaguar I-PACE to make its North American debut at the 2018 New York International Auto Show
Following its public debut at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, today Jaguar announced U.S. pricing for the 2019 Jaguar I-PACE.
Priced from $69,500 before federal and local government incentives1, the Jaguar I-PACE establishes a new mid-size premium battery electric vehicle (BEV) segment.
“With the debut of the Jaguar I-PACE, Jaguar in the U.S. is officially in the luxury electric vehicle business and our retailers and customers are placing orders,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America. “In partnership with our retailers who are investing in new facilities and EV infrastructure, we have a proactive market strategy led by very competitive pricing and the Jaguar EliteCare electric vehicle ownership package. We think the entire journey of buying, owning and driving an I-PACE will be one our customers will love for life.”
Featuring a 90kWh battery, the I-PACE delivers an estimated range of up to 240 miles and 0-60mph acceleration in as little as 4.5 seconds on its way to a top speed of 124mph2,4.
I-PACE owners will have the convenience of using both AC and DC power to charge their vehicle; with 0-80 percent charge achievable in approximately 40 minutes using a 100kW public fast charger, or just over 10 hours using a 230V/32amp charger3.
Estimated Charging Times3:
0 – 80% Charge
0 – 100% Charge
AC Charge Time – Domestic
7kW – (Single Phase, 230V/32A)
Approx. 10.1 hrs
Approx. 12.6 hrs
DC Charge Time – Commercial
Approx. 85 mins
DC Charge Time – Commercial
Approx. 40 mins
CHARGING AT HOME
In-home charging is facilitated by the vehicle’s 7kW on-board charger and a Mode 2 universal cable which will ship with the vehicle as standard. Using the mode 2 charger, I-PACE customers will be able to charge via a domestic 110V or 230V wall socket.
Customers may also chose to have a Level 2, 230V/32amp charger installed inside or outside of their home. To help Jaguar customers have home chargers installed, Jaguar Land Rover will be developing a nationwide network of certified independent electricians, which will be the subject of a future announcement.
RETAILER NETWORK AND INVESTMENTS
In conjunction with the expansion of the Jaguar and Land Rover model lineups, including its first electrified vehicles, Jaguar and Land Rover retailers have committed to invest $1.5B on new facilities and enhanced owner experiences over the next 5 years in North America. The new retail facility design standard to be adopted by retailers nationwide creates modern dual branded retail environments. There are 207 total dealerships in the United States, including 166 Jaguar franchises.
In the lead up to the start of sales for I-PACE later this year, retailers have also heavily invested in the training of their sales and service personnel to better understand the EV market; concerns owners may have throughout the purchase process; the intricacies on how to repair these vehicles and how to do so safely.
Jaguar & Land Rover retailers have already begun installation of electric vehicle charging equipment, getting ready to sell and service Jaguar and Land Rover electrified vehicles when they go on sale beginning in the second half of 2018.
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
(2) Figures shown are Manufacturer’s fuel economy and driving range estimates. Actual range may vary. EPA estimates not available at time of publication. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for updated EPA estimates.
(3) Figures for charging are Manufacturer’s estimates based on best information available at time of publication. Charging time will vary by market, power supply and charging solution. Please refer to www.jaguarusa.com for more information.
(4) Always follow local speed limits.
(5) For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
# # #
Jaguar is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans, sports cars and SUVs offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company’s vision throughout its storied 80 year history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today’s Jaguar lineup consists of the Jaguar XE and XF sports sedans, the XJ full-size luxury sedan, the two-seat F-TYPE sports car and a line of performance SUVs, the E-PACE and F-PACE. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich and Solihull manufacturing plants in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information, visit the official Jaguar website at www.jaguarusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands: Land Rover, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles; and Jaguar, one of the world’s premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
We employ more than 43,000 people globally and support around 240,000 more through our dealerships, suppliers and local businesses. Manufacturing is centred in the UK, with additional plants in China, Brazil, Austria and Slovakia.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are driven by a desire to deliver class-leading vehicles, which will provide experiences our customers will love, for life. Our products are in demand around the globe. In 2017 Jaguar Land Rover sold 621,109 vehicles in 130 countries, with more than 80 per cent of our vehicles being sold abroad.
Our innovation is continuous: we will spend more than £4 billion in the coming year on new product creation and capital expenditure.
From 2020 all new Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will be electrified, giving our customers even more choice. We will introduce a portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid vehicles as well as continuing to offer ultra-clean petrol and diesel engines.