Miami is Aku’s first introduction to the physical world and brings friends and collaborators spanning from leaders in cryptocurrency, NFT creators, art curators and collectors, fashion and streetwear icons, A-list musicians, and Hollywood execs together in one space to explore NFTs from a range of perspectives with real world conversations that bridge the gap between crypto and mainstream culture.
Conceived by Micah Johnson in February 2021, Aku has since become the first NFT to be optioned for film and television projects and is the first NFT to travel to space. Aku is a conduit to empower the next generation of explorers and dreamers. The visually-stunning, multilayered event showcases the otherworldly dimension of Aku and allows guests to step out of reality and into the metaverse through carefully curated exhibits that blur the lines between NFT technology and IRL experiences:
- Unique NFTs: Through a partnership with leading cryptocurrency exchange FTX US, attendees will be able to sign up for their own crypto wallet, collect NFTs throughout the space via hidden QR codes, and purchase digital artworks by legendary 3D artist, Raf Grassetti, as well as unique Aku digital works
- FTX Minting Room: Top-tier ticket holders will have exclusive access to the Minting Room presented by FTX US, where they can create their own 4D-scanned avatar that lives within the Aku universe and mint them into NFTs, which they can later trade, sell or display in their digital wallets.
- Aku’s Merch Room: Attendees can shop on-site via the Merch Room, which will host three days of exclusive merch collaborations with VIP guest collaborators Pusha-T, Jérôme LaMaar and Aleali May, with each day dedicated to a single limited time, limited edition collection, available for pre-order at the event and online. PORTL, the holoportation and NFT hologram showcase leader, will present the merchandise in four epic hologram units.
- Aku’s Collection: Aku’s Collection, curated by Art Angels, will tell more of Aku’s story through an art installation for guests to explore and interact with. A special curation of young Black artists including Jade Yasmeen, Asiko, Floyd Strickland, and Solomon Omogboye will be exhibited alongside two new original paintings by Micah Johnson, as well as three screen prints by Jean-Michel Basquiat. Guests will have the opportunity to view and purchase original artworks on-site.
- Aku’s Helmet: Conceptualized by renowned creative and experiential studio MATTE Projects, the 30,000 square foot space will house a futuristic lifesize art installation of Aku’s Helmet, where guests can experience three otherworldly dimensions of Aku.
- Blue Room: The Blue Room will host daily panel sessions and conversations led by leaders in art, fashion, music and crypto.
AKU WORLD | DAYTIME PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE
Open daily from 12-7 PM
Wynwood Arts 29 | 95 NW 29th St. Miami, FL 33127
1:00 PM | Traditional Art and Web 3
Micah Johnson and experts from renowned art galleries and institutions will address the opportunities and challenges surrounding Web 3 and the art world.
Moderator: Micah Johnson (Creator of Aku)
Panelists: Ronnie K. Pirovino (Art collector, Curator and Appraiser), Sophia Cohen (Sales Associate and Artist Liaison, Gagosian)
3:00 PM | Designer Talk
Micah Johnson and Summer Watson will be joined by exclusive Aku World: Miami merch collaborators to talk about all things designer, creativity, streetwear, drop culture and more.
Moderators: Micah Johnson (Creator of Aku) and Summer Watson (President, Vol. 1; Exec Producer, Aku World: Miami)
Panelists: Pusha-T (Musician), Aleali May (Style Consultant, Model and Designer), Jérôme LaMaar (Creative Director, Designer and Stylist)
4:00 PM | Music and NFTs
Summer Watson will be joined by artists and industry execs to discuss NFTs, crypto and the music industry.
Moderator: Summer Watson (President, Vol. 1; Exec Producer, Aku World: Miami)
Panelists: Mike Spitz (Founder & CEO, Vol. 1), Haleek Maul (Musician), Hugo Renaudin (Co-Founder and CEO of P00LS), SassyBlack (Musical Artist), Latashá Alcindor (Artist Community Lead, ZORA)
1:00 PM | Future of Media: Web 3
Clint Kisker will be joined by leading film and media executives to discuss the opportunities in web 3.
Moderator: Clint Kisker (Co-Founder, Madison Wells Media)
Panelists: Kiri Hart (Film Executive, Writer and Producer), Logan Coles (Writer, Producer and Director), Stephen Feder (Film and TV Producer)
3:00 PM | Fireside Chat
One-on-one conversation between Micah Johnson (Creator of Aku) and Roham Gharegozlou (CEO, Dapper Labs)
4:00 PM | ‘The Wolf of All Streets’ Podcast
Scott Melker, aka the Wolf of All Streets, will speak with prolific leaders from the worlds of crypto, trading, finance, music, art, and more.
Moderator: Scott Melker (Host of The Wolf of All Streets Podcast)
Panelists: Special guests to be announced