NFTs have, without a doubt, taken the world by storm in the last year (2021), with people around the globe spending millions of pounds to purchase them. There were also those who started producing their very-own NFTs to sell. You can use a free ecommerce website to sell your NFTs and begin to build up a loyal following. These free eComm sites will come with specialised built-in tools that can help you organise your NFT sales effortlessly. The code is done for you, you can plug in social media, and much more.
NFTs – what exactly are they?
NFTs are non-fungible tokens which are non-interchangeable, basically meaning that they are unique and can not be replaced with something else of its kind.
An NFT is a unit of data, stored on a blockchain, and can come in a number of different formats, including digital files such as artwork (drawings, paintings etc.), photos, videos, audio files, and even memes, which are usually humorous pieces of content that are popular amongst large audiences.
These non-fungible tokens come with a certificate of authenticity, or proof of ownership, which is provided through the use of a digital ledger. This is what makes NFTs unique – and one of a kind.
How do you start selling NFTs? – where to begin
If you are looking to get into the selling of NFTs and not quite sure where to start, here is a brief guide to the steps that you should take.
Step one – Set yourself up with a digital wallet
The first thing that you should look to do is set yourself up with your own digital wallet.
So, what is an NFT wallet?
Basically, an NFT wallet is an online digital wallet that allows you to store your NFTs, as well as cryptocurrencies, all in one place.
What is the best NFT wallet?
Each NFT wallet offers something a little different, and so it is important that you decide upon the wallet which best suits your NFT needs and requirements.
Here is a list of some of the most-popular digital wallets that are being used by those who buy and sell NFTs, including a brief explanation on the specifics of each one:
- Metamask – known to be one of the best Ethereum-based NFTs
- Trust Wallet – a great choice for those looking to collect Cross-Chain NFTs
- Math Wallet – an excellent multi-stage choice, enabling you to buy and sell NFTs from multiple platforms
- Enjin Wallet – the best choice for those looking to store ERC-1155 tokens
- Coinbase – a world-renowned name with a simplistic, yet successful, interface
- Kukai – an open-source NFT wallet, and a great choice for those new to the world of NFTs
Step two – Choose a marketplace to sell your NFT on
There are a lot of websites out there offering you the opportunity to open a digital wallet, and the same goes for NFT marketplaces – for those looking to sell NFTs, there are many options to choose from.
Here is a list of some of the more popular NFT marketplaces:
- OpenSea – the current leading marketplace for NFT sales
- SuperRare – an excellent choice for those looking to sell art, videos, as well as 3D images
- Rarible – allows users to sell NFTs in the form of collectibles, art, videos and music
- Foundation – a marketplace that has sold more than $100 million of NFTs
The above list represents just a few of the marketplaces that are available in the world of NFTs.
It is important that you study each one to ensure that it offers what you need, and suits your NFT storage needs and requirements, whether your NFT comes in the form of a particular collectible, digital asset, or a piece of art.
And with more and more marketplaces looking to establish themselves in the world of NFTs (including one of the world’s largest e-commerce websites, eBay), there is certainly a plethora of choices for those wanting to sell their very-own NFT.
Step three – Connect your digital wallet to your chosen marketplace
First of all, you should make sure that the NFT marketplace that you have chosen to use for selling NFTs accepts your digital wallet.
If the marketplace is compatible with your digital wallet of choice, then the next step of connecting both should be pretty straightforward.
It is highly likely that connecting your digital wallet to an NFT marketplace website is going to be reasonably simple, as most of the marketplaces have a clearly visible button or link to click on and start this process.
Once you have completed this step and successfully connected your digital wallet and the marketplace you are going to use, you are ready to start selling your NFTs.
Step four – Creating – and uploading – your NFT
This step involves the creation of your NFT, which will require you to format and upload it to your chosen marketplace.
Most NFT marketplaces are likely to have a ‘create’ button on their site, which allows users to begin the creation of your NFT, and this will usually be a step-by-step process with clear instructions.
Step five – Setting up a listing to sell your NFT
By this point you should have your NFT uploaded to your marketplace, so now be ready to advertise it to potential buyers.
When listing your NFT for sale, you will need to consider whether to sell it at a fixed price, or to opt for a timed auction, which will allow for potential buyers to bid on it during a set timeframe.
You will also be required to give your NFT listing a title, an external link (which could be to a specific website or social media profile), as well as provide a brief description of your NFT.
Here are some of the other things that you are likely to be asked to upload or enter information for:
- a preview image – which will be the ‘thumbnail’ for your NFT listing
- unlockable content – this acts as an extra incentive to potential buyers, and could be in the form of a discount code for a future purchase or simply a message to say ‘thank you’ to the buyer for their purchase of your NFT
- advanced settings – this section will allow you to add optional further details (properties) to your NFT listing, for example, an alternative description for your NFT listing
Once all of the above has been entered and you are happy that the information is correct and in order, you are now ready to hit that all-important ‘create’ button.
It is then time to sit back, relax and wait for your very first NFT sale.