With the holiday season in full swing, we want to make sure that you are fully equipped this Thanksgiving with tasty cocktail recipes. Whether you’re entertaining, hosting a virtual dinner with friends and family or just looking for a perfect drink to wind down with. D’USSE Cognac has two fantastic cocktails that are sure to get anyone in the spirit this year.
The festive cocktails include:
- Media Noche: A twist on the classic espresso martini, the D’USSE Media Noche includes D’USSE VSOP Cognac, Café Bustelo Espresso (chilled), simple syrup, half & half and coconut milk topped off with a coconut rim. This cocktail makes for a perfect dessert drink after a big Thanksgiving meal (of course, for those 21+).
- Honey & Spice Rock: This unique drink features the luxury D’USSE XO served over a honey & spice infused ice cube, which in time will melt and complement the complex flavors of the cognac. The infused ice cube contains honey, ginger, cinnamon sticks and black peppercorns providing a festive, winter look and taste.
Full recipes can be found below.
- 2 parts D’USSE VSOP Cognac
- 1 ½ parts Café Bustel Espresso (chilled)
- ¾ part simple syrup
- ½ part half & half
- ½ part coconut milk
Garnish: Toasted coconut rim
Method: Add D’USSE, espresso, simple syrup, half & half and coconut milk into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini cocktail glass.
*Media Noche pictured above
HONEY & SPICE ROCK
- 2 parts D’USSE XO Cognac
- 1 honey & spice infused ice cube
Method: To make infused ice cube: In an ice mold, add purified or boiled water (cooled), honey water (1 part honey, 1 part water), ginger, cinnamon sticks and black peppercorns. Freeze until solid.
D’USSÉ [dew-say] is a bold new expression of Cognac that dares the palate like never before. Born from the prestigious Chateau de Cognac, France, D’USSÉ blends over 200 years of tradition with the inspiration of a passionate Cellar Master who set out to create his own legacy. The result is a uniquely powerful, authentic Cognac that starts off with distinguished intensity and then gives way to a pleasantly smooth, balanced finish. The D’USSÉ Cognac range consists of VSOP (Very Superior Old Pale) and XO (Extra Old) qualities.