Rising singer, producer and DJ, Pillows, today released her vibrant dance-pop spin on Mary J. Blige’s hit single, “Real Love,” out now via Parametric Records. Known for her chilled-out dance tunes, the bubbling creative delivers another electronic bop sure to set any music lover’s heart free. With her new-age approach on the classic R&B chart-topper, Pillows’ “Real Love” conjures feelings of confidence and optimism. The track maintains the original lyrics of someone looking for unwavering love while featuring Pillows’ soulful vocals. For those looking for a fresh dance beat with romantic lyrics, look no further than Pillows.
Nigerian-born singer, songwriter, and fashion icon TIWA SAVAGE – widely regarded as the ‘Queen of Afrobeats’ – releases her brand new single, “Dangerous Love,” via Motown Records. The song is the first official single taken from her long-awaited fourth studio album ‘CELIA’, aptly named after her mother. Listen to “Dangerous Love” HERE.
Produced by Cracker Mallo and recorded in Tiwa’s home city of Lagos, Nigeria, “Dangerous Love” is the perfect blend of R&B and Afrobeats. With a powerful, enchanting chorus and silky ‘afro’ beat throughout, the mid-tempo record is a representation of Tiwa’s musical growth and preview to her upcoming project.
“Dangerous Love is such a vibe! It’s a song that is basically about a girl who is dipping in and out of a ‘relationship’ with a guy that really doesn’t deserve her time or attention. She knows that he is bad for her but she gambling with her heart anyway,” says Tiwa Savage. “I feel like every girl and maybe guys too can relate to this one.”
Savage’s fearlessness in combining various genres has paid off, earning her abundance of award wins and recognitions. In 2018 she made history by becoming the first female to win the MTV European Award for ‘Best African Act’. She has since earned four Channel O Music Video Awards nominations, five World Music Award nominations, MTV Africa Music, BET & MOBO Award nominations and many more.
In 2019 she signed an exclusive recording contract with Universal Records and in September released her first global single titled ’49-99’ under Motown Records. In May, 2020, Tiwa Savage graced the cover of Billboard Magazine’s first issue devoted entirely to Africa alongside Afrobeat superstars Davido and Mr Eazi.
Tiwa was born in Lagos, Nigeria, where she lived until the age of 11 when her parents decided to move to London. In her early days, like most families, she would attend church with her parents and soon developed a love for performing and relocated to London. At the age of 16, Tiwa found herself singing backing vocals for George Michael. As a result of that session, Tiwa quickly found further work over the years with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Emma Bunton and Blu Cantrell.
Despite having already completed a degree in Business Administration at the University of Kent, she was focused to continue pursuing music and received a scholarship at the esteemed Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. With her newfound strength to push forward with music, Tiwa moved from London to New York City and began taking meetings with various producers and industry professionals. Inspired and stimulated by the lack of true female superstars in her home country, she moved back to Nigeria.
Savage has also been active in her philanthropic endeavors, supporting various youth engagement organizations and breast cancer screening projects across Nigeria and further afield. Tiwa also is very active in #JusticeForUwa, loudly voicing her disgust at the rape of a young girl in a church in Nigeria, and creating an Instagram page @WeAreTiredNg where rape victims can speak out.
RCA Records, RCA Inspiration and Legacy Recordings collaborate to release a never-before-heard solo version of “Never Gonna Break My Faith” by the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, featuring The Boys Choir of Harlem. Co-written by award-winning singer/songwriter Bryan Adams, the Grammy Award winning song was originally released as a duet with Mary J. Blige for the 2006 film Bobby. Over a decade later, the song’s lyrics are as urgent and poignant as ever.
Clive Davis, Sony Music’s Chief Creative Officer and longtime friend/producer of Ms. Franklin states, “The world is very different now. Change is everywhere and each of us, hopefully, is doing the best he or she can to move forward and make change as positive as possible. Music can play a major role here and Aretha’s performance is chilling. When you read the song’s lyric, and its relevance to what is happening today, it will shake every fiber in your body. Everyone should hear this record. It deserves to be an anthem.”
“When I wrote this song, I was channeling Aretha, never thinking that she’d ever actually sing the song,” says Adams. “The thought was to write a hymn, something that would try and articulate the feeling of faith, and that even though you might have lost something, there would always be an inner light to guide you. When the song was demo’d, I told the producers that Aretha would be the one to sing this – and sing it she did. This solo version has been sitting on my computer for years, and when I heard Clive was making a film on Aretha’s life, I sent this version to him. The world hasn’t heard her full performance and it really needed to be heard. I’m so glad it’s being released, the world needs this right now.”
About Aretha Franklin
She is both a 20th and 21st century musical and cultural icon known the world over simply by her first name: Aretha. The undisputed “Queen Of Soul” has created an amazing legacy that spans an incredible six decades, from her first recording as a teenage gospel star, to her last studio album, ARETHA FRANKLIN SINGS THE GREAT DIVA CLASSICS (RCA Records).
Her many countless classics include “(You Make Me Feel Like) A NaturalWoman,” “Chain Of Fools,” “I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)”; her own compositions “Think,” “Daydreaming” and “Call Me”; her definitive versions of “Respect,” “I Say A Little Prayer” and “Rolling In The Deep”; and global hits like “Freeway Of Love,” “Jump To It,” “I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)”- her worldwide chart-topping duet with George Michael, and “A Rose Is Still A Rose.”
The recipient of the U.S.A.’s highest civilian honor, The Presidential Medal Of Freedom, eighteen GRAMMY Awards, a GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement and GRAMMY Living Legend awardee, Aretha Franklin’s powerful, distinctive gospel-honed vocal style has influenced countless singers across multi-generations, justifiably earning her Rolling Stone magazine’s No. 1 placing on the list of “The Greatest Singers Of All Time.” One of the best-selling female artists of all time, having sold over 75 million records worldwide, Ms. Franklin’s incomparable voice and remarkable career have left an indelible mark on the lives of many and will never be forgotten.
ANDERSON .PAAK & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE RELEASE “DON’T SLACK”
LISTEN & WATCH THE LYRIC VIDEO HERE
FROM TROLLS WORLD TOUR (ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK)
“DON’T SLACK” WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY ANDERSON .PAAK, LUDWIG GÖRANSSON, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
SOUNDTRACK TO BE RELEASED TODAY VIA RCA RECORDS – ORDER NOW
TIMBERLAKE RETURNS AS EXECUTIVE MUSIC PRODUCER
DREAMWORKS ANIMATION’S TROLLS WORLD TOUR THE FILM ARRIVES IN THEATERS APRIL 17TH
Trolls World Tour (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Track List
1. The Other Side – SZA & Justin Timberlake
2. Trolls Wanna Have Good Times – Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake James Corden, Ester Dean, Icona Pop, Kenan Thompson & the Pop Trolls
3. Don’t Slack – Anderson .Paak & Justin Timberlake
4. It’s All Love – Anderson .Paak, Justin Timberlake, Mary J. Blige & George Clinton
5. Just Sing – Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Anderson .Paak & Kenan Thompson
6. One More Time – Anthony Ramos
7. Atomic Dog World Tour Remix – George Clinton and Parliament, Funkadelic, Anderson .Paak
Mary J. Blige
8. Rainbows, Unicorns, Everything Nice – Walt Dohrn & Joseph Shirley
9. Rock N Roll Rules – HAIM & Ludwig Göransson
10. Leaving Lonesome Flats – Dierks Bentley
11. Born to Die – Kelly Clarkson
12. Trolls 2 Many Hits Mashup – Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, James Corden, Icona Pop & the Pop Trolls
13. Barracuda – Rachel Bloom
14. Yodel Beat – Ludwig Göransson
15. Crazy Train – Rachel Bloom
16. I Fall to Pieces – Sam Rockwell
17. Perfect for Me – Justin Timberlake
18. Rock You Like a Hurricane – Rachel Bloom
19. It’s All Love (History of Funk) – Anderson .Paak, Mary J. Blige & George Clinton
20. Just Sing (Trolls World Tour) – Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, James Corden, Kelly Clarkson, George Clinton, Mary J. Blige, Anderson .Paak, Rachel Bloom, Kenan Thompson, Anthony Ramos, Red Velvet, Icona Pop & Sam Rockwell
Cool & Dre, along with Fat Joe, announced on Instagram last night the release date of the highly anticipated joint album “Family Ties” with Dre of Cool & Dre. As producers of this album, alongside Boi-1da and Hitmaka, this album is already positioned to be a classic when it’s released on Friday, December 6th.
States Cool & Dre, “We hope that years from now you will remember the exact moment, place and feeling you felt when you pressed play to listen to ‘Family Ties’ for the 1st time.” A surprise is expected to coincide with the release of “Family Ties.”
Cool & Dre just recently received another Grammy Nomination for Best R&B Album for their work on BJ The Chicago Kid’s album 1123.
The veteran production duo and hit-makers Cool & Dre won their 3rd Grammy Award for their work on Jay-Z and Beyonce’s “The Carters” album. The hitmakers produced three out of the nine tracks, including “Summer,” “713,” and “Black Effect.” The Carters album featured a bonus track, “Salud!” which Cool & Dre produced, and Dre laid down vocals for. As its name suggests, it’s a toast to victory.
Cool & Dre also won a Grammy Award for their work on Mary J. Blige’s “The Breakthrough”which won for Best R&B album in 2006, Lil Wayne’s “The Carter III” which won for Best Rap Album in 2008, and now, The Carters “Everything Is Love” which won Best Urban Contemporary Album last night.
Cool and Dre have been making classic hit songs since Ja Rule’s “New York” and the Game’s “Hate It or Love It,” and have been enjoying a renaissance since “The Carter’s” album and are the team behind Fat Joe’s “All the Way Up.” The duo has now taken it to the next level with their work on “Family Ties.” To date, they have sold 75 million records worldwide and have worked with the A list | Who’s Who in music and hip-hop.
TORONTO-BASED ARTIST MALACHI DROPS NEW TRACK, “SAN FERNANDO WINE”
LISTEN TO “SAN FERNANDO WINE” HERE
WATCH THE OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR DEBUT SINGLE, “RIGHT NOW” HERE
21-year-old emerging artist, MALACHI releases “San Fernando Wine” today via 21 Entertainment/Republic Records/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. Available to stream/download online now, the track emphasizes Malachi’s ability to combine hard hitting lyrics and rhythmic verses with ease. The track is exemplified by the melodic backdrop that seamlessly merges every element of the song.
“San Fernando Wine” follows Malachi’s debut single, “Right Now,” released in January. The single was the first introduction to the young Toronto-based artist. The official music video for the track arrived shortly after its release, and is available HERE.
Growing up on the outskirts of Toronto, 21-year-old rising artist Malachi, spent his childhood surrounded by music of all kinds. From his Trinidadian-born father’s reggae career to his mother’s favourite R&B singers like Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah and Destiny’s Child, music was always part of his environment. Malachi began actively participating in music when his grandmother had him join her church’s gospel choir at the age of 4. Over the last three years the emerging artist has been in the studio bringing his songwriting to life. Now, he’s ready to release the outpouring of creativity and share it with the world.
ABOUT REPUBLIC RECORDS
A division of Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Sabbath, Florence + the Machine, Hailee Steinfeld, James Blake, James Bay, John Mellencamp, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Liam Payne, Of Monsters and Men, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and more. Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings (The Avett Brothers), Boominati Worldwide (Metro Boomin), Brushfire (Jack Johnson), Casablanca Records (Tïesto), Cash Money (Drake, Jacquees, Nicki Minaj), Hollywood Records (Sofia Carson, Zendaya), Lava Records (Greta Van Fleet, Jessie J, Lorde), Monkeywrench (Pearl Jam), XO (The Weeknd, Belly, NAV), Young Money (Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj), Roc Nation (Jaden Smith, Justine Skye, The Dream), among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with country powerhouse Big Machine Records, and Universal Music Latin Entertainment. In addition, Republic has expanded to release high-profile soundtracks for Universal Pictures (Fifty Shades of Grey, SING), Fox TV (Lee Daniels’ STAR, The Four), and NBC TV (The Voice), as well as other notable film and television franchises.
Some of the biggest stars in the world rely on Erodney Davis and his agency, Basic White Shirt, with its roster of the world’s most sought-after Celebrity Hairstylists, Makeup Artists and Nail Artists, to look their best.
After graduating with honors from North Carolina A&T State University in 1996, Davis accepted a job at ad agency, Y&R New York, while also moonlighting as part-time personal assistant to Celebrity Makeup Artist and Author, Sam Fine.
After more than a decade developing his acute business acumen alongside visionaries from the world of advertising, beauty and fashion, Davis changed course, leaving corporate America behind with only his savings and a desire to work in a more creative capacity. A month later, he began assisting top Casting Directors in NY, Paris & Milan, helping designers like Ralph Lauren, Proenza Schouler, Alice Temperley, and J. Mendel choose the most elite models of the moment to bring their designer collections to life on the runway.
During this time, Davis experienced a full-circle moment when Sam Fine tapped him to manage Fine’s freelance bookings and eventually other clients came calling, giving rise to Davis’ boutique agency, Basic White Shirt, boasting a cadre of talented beauty professionals. Davis continued casting models for New York Fashion Week for another 8 years while simultaneously running BWS. Currently based in Brooklyn, NY, Davis’ main focus is growing his agency’s roster with select, creative clientele and managing the needs of his world-class talent.
Fashion Fair Cosmetics
Ralph Lauren / Polo.com
Sir John Celebrity Makeup Artist whose clients include Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, Naomi Campbell, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Rowland, Erykah Badu, Viola Davis, Margot Robie, Priyanka Chopra & Gabrielle Union
Sam Fine Celebrity Makeup Artist & Author whose clients include Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Iman, Mary J. Blige, Vanessa Williams, Keri Hilson, Paula Patton, Patti Labelle & Tyra Banks
Oslyn Holder Celebrity Makeup Artist whose clients include Bette Midler, Vanessa Williams, LionBabe, Bernadette Peters, Kelly Clarkson, Tia & Tamera Mowry, Danaii Gurira, Holly Robinson Peete & Regina King
Mila Thomas Celebrity Makeup Artist whose clients include Jenifer Lewis, En Vogue, Neicy Nash, K. Michelle, Karrueche Tran, Angela Rye, Amara La Negra & Jasmine Sanders
Janet Jackson is back with new music! The global icon will release her highly anticipated new single and video for, “Made For Now” in collaboration with Reggaeton superstar Daddy Yankee this Friday, August 17.
Also on August 17, she will perform the song for the first time live with Daddy Yankee on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:35 p.m. EST.
She set off social media frenzy among her fans when she posted the single’s artwork on her Instagram page late last night. This marks her first new music since her eleventh studio album and seventh #1 album, ‘Unbreakable,’ released in October 2015.
“Made For Now” is inspired by Janet’s personal love of music from around the globe and is produced by Harmony Samuels, who has crafted tracks for Ariana Grande, Mary J. Blige, Maroon 5, and Jennifer Lopez.
The song is meant to move people to enjoy their lives and seize opportunities today, not worry or wait until tomorrow. Shot in Brooklyn, New York, the music video was produced by her longtime collaborator; and Grammy-Award winning Director, Dave Myers and will transport fans to a neighborhood dance party filled with cameos from a contingent of international dancers from Ghana, Nigeria, Grenada, Trinidad and the U.S. who were hand selected by Janet and her longtime Creative Director Gil Duldulao.
“Made For Now” caps an incredible summer for Janet who headlined major festivals including Essence Festival in New Orleans, the largest crowd in its 24-year history. She had press and fans buzzing about her first ever New York festival performance at Panorama, where Billboard said, “Turning out flawlessly executed choreography for over an hour and a half… Jackson is an unstoppable dynamo on stage,” and Vibe said, “We were not only mystified by her presence, but also her dedication to her craft.” It was also recently announced that she would headline the Global Citizen Festival on Sept. 29 in Central Park.
Fans can visit JanetJackson.com for more updates information on upcoming events.
About Janet Jackson: Janet Jackson is one of the most influential entertainers of the modern era. Her music has won her 6 GRAMMY® Awards, 2 Emmy Nominations, a Golden Globe Award, a nomination for an Academy Award along with dozens of American Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards. She has received accolades as an actress as well including the NAACP Best Supporting Actor award. Janet is a published author, dancer, businessperson, philanthropist and one of the biggest-selling artists in popular music history. With sales of over 160 million records worldwide, Janet Jackson stands as one of the best-selling artists of all time with a string of hits that have left an indelible impression on pop culture. Her music and artistry has opened doors through which other top artists have followed, many acknowledging her impact on their musical perceptions.
About Daddy Yankee: DADDY YANKEE remains one of the most recognized and influential names in urban music and Latin dance. He was named one of the most influential Hispanics in the world by both CNN and Time Magazine. He has sold over 17 million albums and over 60 million fans combined on his social networks. Daddy Yankee is considered the King of Reggaeton and continues to reign with the recent global success of “Despacito”, which was named the most streamed song and the most watched video of all time and most recently “Dura” the 2nd Most Watched Video in 2018. He was also named Billboard Magazine’s Top Latin Artist of 2017. Other global hits by Daddy Yankee are “Gasolina”, “Rompe”, “Limbo”, among others.
The Thursday, June 28th launch lineup:
- Fuse.tv will premiere three all new episodes of Rant & Rave featuring two of the hottest ladies in the rap game today, Young M.A and Snow tha Product as well as hip-hop royalty, Salt-N-Pepa. A fresh episode of Lie Detector with hip-hop legends DJ Skribble & Kid Capri follows along with a brand new episode of the ASMR-triggering, digital series Mind Massage with Tierra Whack.
- FM @ 8 p.m. ET The Artists to Watch weekly block celebrates the future of hip-hop, spotlighting the freshest up-and-coming artists making waves in the industry, both today and tomorrow such as Trippie Redd, Sango, and HoodCelebrityy.
- Fuse @ 9 p.m. ET It’s a triple-hitter movie night, beginning with the classics Torque, Rhyme & Reason, and I Got The Hook Up starring hip-hop greats including Ice Cube, Master P, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, and Lauryn Hill, among others. Additional featured movies throughout the summer are top lined by bevy of hip-hop star power including Jay Z, Nas, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Method Man, Redman, Cam’ron, Trey Songz, T.I., Chris Brown, Ja Rule, and more.
- Across all Fuse social channels, Hip-Hop at 45 launches with the biggest “beefs” in hip-hop, and a “Today in Hip-Hop history” #TBT. Featured social content rollout includes “Hip-Hop + album/street art” on Mondays, “Fashion in Hip-Hop” on Tuesdays, “Women in Hip-Hop“ #WCW on Wednesdays, “Hip-Hop playlists by the decade” on Fridays, “Photography in Hip-Hop” on Saturdays, and “Sports + Hip-Hop” on Sundays.
This lineup also includes:
- Fuse.tv debut special 45th Anniversary-themed episodes of Weekly News Rap, the original digital series recapping the week’s hottest news and trends, performed by today’s emerging rap stars, kicking off with Harlem battle rapper, Loaded Lux, spitting the history of battle rap. And we’ll have A Seat With… rap legend Big Daddy Kane. Also debuting during Hip-Hop at 45 is Made from Scratch with Ayo & Teo. Additionally, Fuse.tv will celebrate Hip-Hop at 45 with the premieres of two original digital series: Deep Cuts (working title), an interview series delivering an intimate look into the lives and creative process of emerging and established producers in the hip-hop industry; and The Kickback (working title), a roundtable-style digital series exploring hip-hop culture.
- Every Saturday at 6p ET/3p PT throughout the 45 days, FM will offer a series of Hip-Hop at 45 video countdowns, celebrating the latest and greatest hip-hop artists in the game. Featured music video blocks:45 Legends of Hip-Hop, will lace you with the classic videos from the legends that paved the way in hip-hop such as The Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac and Big Pun; Hip-Hop’s First Hits drops the music videos that made you fall in love with some of your favorite hip-hop artists including 50 Cent’s “In Da Club,” Eminem’s “Slim Shady,” Kanye West’s “Through the Wire” and more; 45 Freshman of Hip-Hop gets you acquainted with the freshman class of hip-hop stars like Flatbush Zombies, Lil Uzi Vert, and Goldlink who are making waves in the culture; 45 Videos of the 2000s drops it like it’s hot with the best music videos of the 2000s from Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Outkast, and UGK; Iconic Hip-Hop Videos flashes back to the most iconic hip-hop videos of all time such as 2Pac’s “Changes”, NWA’s “Straight Outta Compton” and Nas’ “If I Ruled the World”; 45 Hip-Hop Crossovers highlights some of the most unlikely collabs in hip-hop like Aerosmith’s “Walk This Way,” Lincoln Park’s “Numb,” and Marshmello’s “Silence”; and FM’s Guide to the 45 Best Hip-Hop Videos will school you on the best hip-hop videos of all time including The Notorious B.I.G. “Juicy,” Childish Gambino’s “This Is America,” and Missy Elliot’s “Work It.”
- Tune in to Fuse for a four-night event beginning Sunday, August 5th, for the television premiere of Hip-Hop Evolution. This docu-series chronicles the life and career of hip-hop pioneers such as Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz, DJ Jazzy Jay, Kool Moe Dee, Big Daddy Kane, Kurtis Blow, Chuck D, Fab 5 Freddy, Sugarhill Gang, Russell Simmons and LL Cool J, among others through in-depth interviews, archived footage and more. And for the duration of the stunt, Fuse will be commemorating with featured episodes starring a lineup of hip-hop all-stars with guest appearances on Moesha (Jamie Foxx, Russell Simmons, A Tribe Called Quest, Usher Raymond, Mary J. Blige, and Dr. Dre); Sister, Sister (Mya, Tyrese, and BlackStreet); and The Parkers (Warren G, Nick Cannon, and Lil’ Kim).
Fuse’s Hip Hop at 45 programming:
New episode of Lie Detector featuring DJ Skribble and Kid Capri:
New episode of Rant & Rave featuring Snow tha Product:
New episode of Rant & Rave featuring Salt-N-Pepa:
New episode of Rant & Rave featuring Young M.A: