Are you confused about what you should wear at the next Scottish event you attend? Well, you are at the right place. Here, you will find everything that you need to know before the event regarding kilts for men and trousers. Many Scottish men point out that real men should put on kilts, but younger generations may be more flexible in their wardrobe choices. For example, Jaden Smith is known to rock a kilt on occasion. Of course, the choice differs from person to person–not all of us like the same food, do we? No! Similarly, some may like the kilt and others prefer trousers. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of each, so that you can decide which is most appropriate to wear for your upcoming event.
A kilt is among the earliest and most popular types of Scottish apparel. Men, and even kings, have worn kilts since hundreds of years ago; and they are still a popular part of Scottish culture today. Many men and women–even those who are not located in Scotland–wear kilts as they are a comfortable and versatile part of their wardrobe. So, let’s see exactly why they love wearing kilts so much.
Everyone prefers wearing pants–until the first time they try wearing a kilt for a day. Pants are everywhere in modern fashion, because according to the modern generation, kilts are considered very girlish. We have simply accepted trousers, but the following discussion is going to make pant-wearers reconsider their thoughts.
Comparing Kilts & Trousers
No matter if you’re wearing a traditional Scottish kilt or a modern utility kilt, it will make you feel pleasantly surprised by its comfortability. In comparison, trousers make you feel bunched up and limit your movements. Compared to the limited movements trousers allow, your legs get complete freedom to move in kilts.
2- Keeps You Cool in Summer
Kilts keep you cool when the weather is hot, but you may not realize this until you compare wearing both kilts and trousers in the hot climate. You’ll feel your legs drenched in sweat in trousers, whereas kilts keep you unbelievably cool, if you choose the fabric accordingly. When it comes to choosing the most breathable and summer-friendly kilt fabric, you should avoid heavy wool that’s used for traditional Scottish or Irish kilts. Instead, try a sport utility kilt made from a lightweight cotton blend for the most breathable feel.
3. Time Limitation
You can’t wear the same pair of trousers you run errands in to go to a formal event, can you? No! Unlike trousers, there’s no such limitation with the kilts. You can wear kilts anywhere and anytime, as long as you pair it with the appropriate accessories and shoes.
4. In Terms of Health
According to the Scottish Medical Journal, men who wear kilts regularly show better sperm quality and fertility when they plan to have a child. Although there’s not a lot of research-based scientific evidence on the topic, it can be something to be considered.
5. Makes You Feel Good About Yourself
Surprisingly, men’s kilts can have positive effects on men’s mental health, making them feel an improved sense of masculinity and pride. According to the Scottish Medical Journal, psychological benefits like these can help men feel more confident. Kilts give men the confidence they need to achieve their personal, as well as relationship, goals. Kilts may help men grow as a person. If you’re suffering from a lack of confidence, I’d suggest you try wearing a kilt–you may be surprised by the positive changes.
Benefits of the Kilt
● Adjustable fit: kilts allow you to adjust their size according to natural body changes and/or preferred comfortability.
● No bunching & bending: No more bunching and bending in clothing material will allow you to feel relaxed and free.
● Keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter: Kilts can keep you cool in summer and maintain your body heat in winter, depending on the fabric. Especially in the summers, kilts can help make a hot summer’s day even more fun. Kilts are a perfect choice for any weather.
● Health: The design of kilts provide the most breathable option for an outfit. The ventilation helps keep your private parts’ temperature regulated, which can lead to higher sperm counts and higher fertility. A kilt also looks attractive, which will keep your partners’ attention on you and, in turn, helps maintaining your relationship goals.
Benefits of Wearing Trousers
● Trousers are appropriate in all situations. We cannot deny the fact that kilts can be inappropriate to wear in some specific places (usually due to religious or cultural differences,) so trousers come to the rescue.
● Freedom of movement: Just in case you have to stand on your head, there is no risk of indecent exposure with your trousers, unlike kilts.
● Keep your calves warm: Long pants cover your calves. We can’t deny the fact that trousers beat out kilts when it comes to keeping your calves warm.
● Health: An advantage of trouser is that long pants can keep your legs safe from harmful UV rays.
No one can tell whether kilts or trousers are better, as it differs from person to person. In my opinion, it shouldn’t matter which you choose, but you should consider trying on both garments. If you haven’t at least tried a kilt before, you should give it a shot. Once you do, it is likely that you may never want to turn back. In the end, whichever makes you feel more comfortable, confident, and happy is what you should wear.