Yara Shahidi Talks About Studying Hip Hop At Harvard, Growing Up Around Prince & Taking A Time-Out From Social Media
Mass Appeal/Spotify Original podcast The Bridge: 50 Years of Hip Hop is a talk show that features lively conversations with a plethora of guests ranging from iconic rappers, producers, to today’s popular artists to explore the ways in which hip hop influenced society. Episode description below.
In a very candid conversation, Yara Shahidi recalls:
- Her views on today’s Hip Hop and its impact during the last 50 years (4:01-05:55)
- Being in Baby Keem’s music video and today’s current music scene (07:19- 08:50 )
- Relationship with Prince growing up and her dad’s book (11:44- 13:03 )
- Being related to Nas and her journey to Harvard (15:29- 18:30 )
- How she started in Black-ish (22:15-24:30)
WHERE: Episodes available exclusively via Spotify HERE; embed below
WHEN: New episodes released weekly
WHY: The Bridge: 50 Years of Hip Hop is part of one of many digital activations that will be rolled out over the course of the next two years Mass Appeal’s #HipHop50 multi-tiered campaign. The cross-platform initiative will celebrate, acknowledge and honor 50 years of Hip Hop through unscripted series and features, music releases, podcasts, interactive programming and digital shorts by and about some of the foremost names in the genre.