The renowned food conference of the year, Sirha Lyon 2023, is back to host all the world’s professionals and experts in French and international cuisine. Thursday, January 19th, will mark the start of a unique five-day, immersive experience where executives and pioneers within the hospitality industry can exchange craft and culinary insights. Concepts become reality, reinventing the new world order of gastronomy and destination travel.
For its 21st edition, Sirha Lyon offers a total immersion in the heart of Food Service. For its 40th anniversary, this event is gathering more than 4,700 exhibitors and brands from all over the world to honour the restaurant, hotel and food industries. Held at Eurexpo, with 140,000 square meters dedicated to innovation and culinary excellence, this special edition offers an exclusive programs rich in novelties, demonstrations, performances and testimonials.
More than ever before, Sirha Lyon invites you to discover the latest culinary innovations. Discover foodtech discoveries such as the 3D food printing method by La Pâtisserie Numérique, which allows you to print in 3D chocolate, meringues or sugar paste for a quick and 100% homemade result.
Venture into the 250 square meter start-up village to meet the 30 new French entrepreneurs who are innovating for the food of today and tomorrow. On the program: plant-based foie gras, fruit and vegetable bars, seaweed snacks, and much more.
With VIP guests, feedback from food service experts and exclusive competitions such as the Golden Fish competition, Sirha Lyon reveals an unprecedented program.
Compete in 16 exceptional contests such as the World Pastry Cup, the Bocuse d’Or and the International Catering Cup, with the option to follow live, high-voltage tests carried out by candidates from all over the world, including the new rising stars of gastronomy.
Experience 9 event stages that offer various immersive experiences. At the inauguration of the Sirha Food Forum, enjoy the presence of nearly 80 renowned professionals including the famous Michelin-starred chef, Mauro Colagreco or Kevin Mauffrey, Deliveroo’s sales director, as well as unprecedented performances by renowned chefs. On the Sirha Coffee Show stage, rub shoulders with the best baristas in France and take part in alternate exclusive competitions. In addition, take a seat in the new restaurant dedicated to meats, Sirha Meat & Grill.
Introducing 14 international pavilions with almost 375 square meters dedicated to the Canadian and Saudi pavilions. Take a culinary world tour through the show’s aisles and get a sneak preview of products that combine quality and authenticity.
Day 2: baking and pastry, coffee, cooking, and agriculture.
Podiums of January 19 :
- International Catering Cup : Gold medal : USA ; Silver medal : France ; Bronzes medal : Czec Republic
- Golden Fish Contest : Gold medal : Romain Paro ; Silver medal : Sandy Ruffray ; Bronzes medal : Eulalie Rus
- Golden Shell Contest : Gold medal : Kevin Di Sarno ; Silver medal : Clément Marandon ; Bronzes medal : Jérémie Rubey
Sirha Food Forum – Theme: Technonature
- Attend the pitches of the projects in the categories of Innovation, Solidarity, Experience and Agriculture awarded in the context of the Futur(e)s Food competition.
- Discover the masterclass of the day, on the theme of Gastronomy & Eco-responsibility, hosted by a Chef and illustrated by a live performance at 12:35 pm.
- Follow an interview on the digitalisation of agriculture.
- Find three round tables on the future of livestock farming, the agro-ecological and food transition of territories and the ecological resilience of vineyards.
- Pastry World Cup: first day of the international final for the 18 selected countries. Under the theme of climate change, the teams composed of three pastry chefs (one ice cream specialist, one sugar expert and one chocolate maker) will join forces to take on the various challenges.
> 9am to 6pm – Espace des Chefs
- French bakery cup: second and penultimate day of the competition for the twelve teams consisting of three bakers who will compete in the bread, viennoiserie, artistic buffet and snacking events.
> 9am to 6pm – Sirha Bake & Pastry
- Le Gargantua: final and prize-giving ceremony for the eight teams competing for the title of the best community management cook in France.
> 9am to 11:40am – Sirha Métiers de bouche. Prize-giving ceremony at 12.20 pm.
- French Barista Championship: opening of the first preliminary phase which will lead to the selection of the six best competitors judged on taste, cleanliness, technique, presentation and creativity which will be highlighted during the signature drink test.
> 12.30 pm to 3 pm – Sirha Coffee Show
- Alpro Latte Art Challenge: final and prize-giving ceremony for baristas who challenge themselves on different coffee-related challenges.
> 9am to 11pm – Sirha Coffee Show. Prize-giving ceremony at 11:30 am.
- French Coffee in Good Spirit Championship: first day of the competition to qualify for the world championship which highlights the mixology skills of baristas ranging from the preparation of a traditional Irish coffee (with whisky and coffee) to the creation of unique cocktails.
> 3:30 pm to 6 pm – Sirha Coffee Show
- World Burger Contest: award ceremony for the eight finalists who will challenge each other with three creative recipes for gourmet burgers: a traditional burger with a meat, poultry or a fish composition, a veggie burger and a sweet burger.
> 1pm to 5:30pm – Sirha Métiers de bouche. Prize-giving ceremony at 5:30 pm.
Don’t hesitate to come and discover, on the Place des Lumières and throughout the show, Les Pépites de la Boulangerie : 19 trophies elected by a jury of experts made up of chain and independent bakers, distributors and various specialists.
> For more information on the day’s programme: click here
January 20th Contest Results:
- The Gargantua contest – Gold medal: Hauts de France (David Rose and Thibaut Tanfin); Silver medal: Île de France (Camille Doyen and Marco Baeza); Bronze medal: Occitanie (Stéphane Baumard and Nawab Mohamed)
- Alpro Latte Art Challenge – Gold medal: Addy Menon; Silver medal: Marine Vidot; Bronze medal: Chris Antoine
- World Burger Contest – Gold medal: Julien Chauvenet ; Silver medal: Louis-Gautier Lepers ; Bronze medal: Lionel ravel
The program for January 21:
Sirha Food Forum – Theme: Human well-being
- Take part in the press breakfast on Italian gastronomy organized by ICE and Sirha Food at 9am.
- Attend the pitches of three of the 12 Sirha Innovation Awards winners.
- Discover the masterclass of the day, on the theme of Gastronomy & Well-being, hosted by a Chef and illustrated by a live performance at 12:35 pm.
- Follow interviews on the theme of the evolution of collective catering, benevolent recruitment in catering and the return of nature in gastronomy.
- Watch three round tables on food sovereignty, beneficial food and collective catering.
- World Pastry Cup: last day of the final and prize-giving by a jury of recognised professionals who will evaluate the 42 tasting desserts and three artistic pieces made by each country.
> 9am to 6pm – Chefs’ area. Prize-giving ceremony at 6pm
- French Bakery Cup: final and prize-giving ceremony of this 16th edition on the theme of the conquest of space.
> 9am to 4.45pm – Sirha Bake & Pastry. Prize-giving ceremony at 4.45 pm.
- Maître d’Hôtel Trophy: final and prize-giving ceremony of the competition sponsored by Carole Duval-Leroy, head of Duval-Leroy champagnes for more than thirty years. The 6 finalists will be judged on the basis of 5 tests in the form of workshops: professional culture, the art of service, the art of serving cheese, the art of coffee cocktails and the art of food and wine pairing.
> 1pm to 5.30pm – Sirha Métiers de bouche. Prize-giving ceremony at 5:30 pm.
- Barista French Championship: start of the second preliminary phase to qualify the 6 best candidates for the final on 22 January.
> 9am to 1pm – Sirha Coffee Show
- Coffee in Good Spirit Championship: launch of the preliminary phase to decide between the candidates before the final, based on innovative drink recipes that highlight coffee and spirits.
> 3pm to 6pm – Sirha Coffee Show
Visit Place des Lumières to discover the exhibition of 81 Sirha Innovations products, including the twelve winning products of the Sirha Innovation Awards, until 23 January.
> For more information on the day’s programme: click here