Tri-state oenophiles and foodies will be the first to savor the newest in fine kosher wines, spirits, and creative cuisine all under one roof at the 13th annual Kosher Food & Wine Experience (KFWE) New York (http://thekfwe.com), on Monday, February 11, 2018. The popular event returns to Pier 60, Chelsea Piers (23rd St. and West Side Highway, NYC). Doors open to the public at 6:30 pm. Trade/media hours are 12 noon – 4:00 p.m.
KFWE New York is hosted by NJ’s Royal Wine Corp., the world’s largest producer, importer and distributor of kosher wines and spirits. New York’s premier kosher showcase will feature more than 400 intriguing kosher wines and spirits from around the world as well as trend-setting cuisine from leading kosher chefs, caterers, restaurateurs, and gourmet specialty companies.
The 2019 edition promises more samples of the latest products, limited editions, and Passover delicacies than ever before, and tickets are expected to sell out quickly.
This year’s spectacular wine selection represents all price points, from the Stoudemire Private Collection from Israel ($260 SRP) to Don Alfonso Sauvignon Blanc from Chile ($7.99 SRP). Consumers will be able to sample interesting new varieties from France, Italy, Spain, Israel, Australia, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Washington, Oregon, and California. All wines on offer are kosher for Passover and year-round.
One notable addition to this year’s line-up is the Stoudemire Grand Reserve from the cellars of NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire. Made from premium grapes from Kfar Shamay vineyards in the Upper Galilee, only 1,680 bottles of this Cabernet-Petit Verdot blend were produced.
Bordeaux will once again take center stage at KFWE 2019. “Those who attended KFWE last year will remember the impressive showing of 2015 vintage Bordeaux,” said Gabriel Geller, wine blogger and PR Director for Royal Wine. “Experts say 2016 was another exceptional year, even surpassing 2015. We’re very excited that these magnificent wines are returning to the spotlight.”
Royal is also showing some brand new wines made for the first time in a kosher run. According to Geller, highlights include:
- Château Clarke, Listrac-Médoc 2016: The Rothschild family and Royal Wine celebrate the 30th anniversary of this flagship wine with a first kosher run of the estate’s Grand Vin.
- Château du Tertre, Margaux 2016: This outstanding 5th Classified Cru from Margaux, owned and operated by Château Giscours, has come out with its first kosher cuvee.
- Château Giscours, Margaux 2016: The first Grand Cru from Bordeaux’s left bank made a kosher run in 1993. Geller says the winery’s 2016 – its tenth kosher production – is perhaps its best yet.
- Château Lascombes, Margaux 2016: The first kosher cuvée of this second growth Margaux was a sensation at KFWE last year. “The 2016 is a model of class and elegance,” according to Geller.
- Petit Guiraud, Sauternes 2017 and G de Château Guiraud, Bordeaux Blanc 2017: One of the most venerable First Cru sauternes estates, Château Guiraud, has returned the kosher wine world after a 16 year hiatus.
- Château Saint-Corbian, Saint-Estèphe 2016: Kosher wines from the Saint-Estèphe appellation are a rarity. This wine features the classic characteristics of the region at an affordable price tag.
- Château Montviel, Pomerol 2016: This amazing Pomerol from the respected Vignobles Péré-Vergé estate returns to the KFWE after an absence of several years. “When the winery released a 2014 kosher cuvée,” says Geller, “it was long sold out before the show. Do not miss out on tasting it!”
Other Noteworthy Offerings
Herzog Winery will show its finest wines and even some library wines at KFWE. The company has been producing award-winning wines from the most prestigious vineyards in California since the 1980s. “Quality is everything. Kosher is just something we ‘happen to be,’” said Jay Buchsbaum, Herzog’s Executive Vice President of Marketing and Director of Wine Education.
- Herzog Special Reserve Albariño 2017 plays into the increasingly trendy Albariño, a Spanish white grape variety. It is just one of Herzog’s finest wines being shown at KFWE.
- Ramon Cardova Albariño 2017: Another Albariño entry, this hails from its original terroir, Spain’s Rías Baixas DO appellation.
- Royal will introduce two 2017 vintage Burgundy wines: Domaine Ternynck Bourgogne Blanc Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge Pinot Noir.
- Pacifica Riesling 2017: From Washington state comes an off-dry Riesling with a German-style profile.
- Secret Reserve Malbec 2016: Shiloh Winery produces this rich Israeli wine with ripe red and black fruit notes.
- Teperberg Providence 2013: Bold and complex, this New World blend is the new flagship wine from one of Israel’s largest wineries.
KFWE Gourmet Food
Dozens of gourmet kosher restaurants, chefs, caterers, and food companies will serve up delicious fare including sushi, kosher poke, bison, organic beef and BBQ, and mouthwatering desserts from chocolates and parve ice cream to cakes and cupcakes, among many others.
KFWE Exclusive Trade & Press hours: 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
KFWE-Open to Public/Press: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm; Tickets at: http://thekfwe.com
About Royal Wine/Kedem
Since 1948, Royal Wine Corp., also known as Kedem, has been owned and operated in the United States by the Herzog family, whose winemaking roots date back eight generations to 19th century Czechoslovakia. Headquartered in Bayonne, NJ, today Royal Wine’s portfolio of domestic and international wines range from traditional wine producing regions of France, Italy and Spain, as well as Israel, New Zealand and Argentina. Additionally, Royal Wine Corp.’s spirit and liqueur portfolio offers some of the most sought after scotches, bourbons, tequilas and vodkas as well as hard to find specialty items such as flavored brandies and liqueurs.
The company owns and operates the Kedem Winery in upstate New York, as well as Herzog Wine Cellars in Oxnard, California, a state-of-the-art-facility featuring guided wine tours, a fully staffed modern tasting room, gift shop and catering facilities. Additionally, the winery houses the award-winning restaurant Tierra Sur, serving the finest Mediterranean inspired contemporary Californian Cuisine. Follow Royal Wine on facebook.com/RoyalWineCorp/, and instagram.com/royalwinecorp/, and twitter.com/royalwinecorp