Airheart Explorer Launches to Help Consumers Navigate Complicated Travel Restrictions & Policies
Airheart unveiled their free tool, Explorer, to help people travel again, safely. Travelers can now discover which destinations are accessible and what’s required for their trip, all through one user-friendly platform.
Now more than ever, navigating restrictions and policies for travel is overwhelming. Crowd-sourcing information from friends and family online and visiting countless tourism or government sites is a lot of work and highly error prone. Airheart eliminates the guesswork, so people can travel with confidence.
Airheart’s data is aggregated from official sources by our data partners, including Sherpa. Then, Airheart further distills and organizes it into a searchable, scannable, easy to understand format, to put travelers at ease when navigating what’s required of them.
- Discover which destinations – international and domestic – are accessible for travel based on your origin location prior to the booking engine phase where you need to be destination specific.
- View government policies and COVID19-risk data for your destination.
- Filter by what’s required of you – quarantine, COVID19 test, masks in public (and soon by your vaccination status).
- Receive notification when policies and restrictions change.
- See COVID19 transmission rates per destination.
- View local guidelines for what to expect on-location at bars, restaurants, shops and more.
- Pin routes and create a short-list of places on your wish list.
The three founders diligently focus on maximizing the user experience. The team is also extremely well-traveled, multi-passport carriers and currently straddling multiple continents – the US to Australia – to bring this to consumers worldwide.
“As seasoned travelers, we found this problem so critical that we dropped everything to work on solving it for the community. Our long-term vision is to create a place for organizing and managing the full lifecycle of a trip, starting with discovery using Airheart Explorer,” said co-founder and CEO, Lindsey Renken. “In a world where we’ve optimized our lives heavily, planning travel is still an inefficient process. We noticed our friends and colleagues experiencing similar issues, and ultimately, this kept a lot of trips from happening. We figured there has to be a better way than the status quo.”
Airheart is where deep product and engineering knowledge meets function. The team’s experience has been pivotal in elevating Airheart Explorer beyond what’s on the market now:
- Ivan Vanderbyl, CPO, who’s founded three companies, 2 exits; Former Sr. Director of Product Management at Tricentis; 14 years in software development and product management. He has lived and worked in 5 countries and traveled to over 30 countries.
- Arie Litovsky, CTO, adds over 15 years of software development experience to the team. He most recently worked as a software developer at Facebook and Q&A site Stack Overflow. He’s traveled to over 20 countries while adding to his collection of 3 passports and 4 languages.
- Lindsey Renken, CEO, is an experienced founder; previously raised nearly 1 mil. as a co-founder for a consumer-facing application. B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, UT Austin. Over 11 years in product, marketing and data science. She has traveled to 31 countries and counting, many of which were solo trips.
“Drawing on the intrepid explorer and fearless solo traveler Amelia Earhart, we hope to clear the path for future travelers,” said Renken.
For more information and to sign up for the waitlist for features coming this summer, visit Airheart.