Sports Innovation Lab’s Power Play Index for the Fluid Fan Behavior of Co-Watch identifies those companies that are best positioned to create immersive viewing experiences for fans at home. Sceenic is the only Game Changer in the index, which charts the top 10 technology providers that offer co-watch solutions in the market.
The Power Play Index ranks companies in two categories:
- Technology Alignment: determined through a company’s signal score as it relates to watch parties, video chat, and voice chat.
- Market Validation: determined through a company’s signal score as it relates to leagues, venues, people, and partners.
“When we publish a Power Play Index, we let the data do the talking. Our methodology identifies companies with both the market validation and technology depth that allows them to enable the Fluid Fan,” said Josh Walker, Co-founder and President of Sports Innovation Lab. “Sceenic is our Co-Watching Game Changer for 2020, proving that powerful co-watching technology isn’t the future, but the present.”
Sceenic is identified as the highest-ranking company for each measure due to the seamless turnkey nature of its offering for video, OTT, IPTV or STB providers, and the ease of integration for the Sceenic Watch Together SDKs and APIs into existing platforms with customization. The report also noted Sceenic’s partners and the experiences that they power in the market for clients such as BT Sport (UK), NPO (NL), ScreenHits TV (EU and US), LaLiga (ES), among others.
- Sports Innovation Lab focused their recent fan behavior research on “Co-watch” presented in the Power Play Index. Getting fans to watch sports content – a live game, a recorded stream, or highlights – is simply getting them to show up. To keep Fluid Fans hooked, to get them coming back more frequently, and for longer periods of time, sports organizations must enable them to learn more about the sport and the athletes. When fans learn, they dive deeper into storylines, get invested in matchups, and come back again and again because they have a greater appreciation for the sport. When fans watch more, revenue opportunities from sponsorships, as well as ancillary behaviors like shopping merchandise or betting, increase
- Sceenic is a leader in proving co-watch solutions to enhance the fan experience inside their clients’ platforms. Sceenic created the Watch Together software solution in 2013 to provide Broadcast, Telcos and Media companies with an engaging experience inside their platforms. The technology is available to be quickly deployed for video, OTT, IPTV or STB providers to integrate into their existing platforms
- Sceenic was the first company, in 2019, to showcase and offer the Watch Together software solution on 5G
- EE (the UK Telco) launched Matchday Experience on the BT Sport app in October 2020, with all BT Sport customers able to access the service from January 2021
- BT Sport’s Watch Together is available on all broadcast content, 24/7 and on all devices (mobile, tablets, TV)
- Powered by Sceenic during the 2020 Tour de France, NPO, the Netherlands Public Broadcaster enabled their users to meet the former cyclist Michael Boogerd inside their NPO Start web platform to share insights, answer questions and take online selfies with fans.
“Seven years in development and refinement, our Watch Together technology stack is proving its worth in large scale deployments with BT Sport, T-Mobile Germany, NPO – Tour de France and others,” said Paul Bojarski, CEO, Sceenic. “What is now exciting is seeing how Watch Together actively supports our customers’ business objectives: the organic multiplier effect it brings to subscriber acquisition and retention, the powerful compliment of C2C word of mouth recommendations to machine learning, and the emergence of wholly original in-room interactive marketing/advertising opportunities.”
Sceenic is an innovator and leader in understanding today’s customer behaviors and their expectations. In 2013, the company created the Watch Together software solution, adding value to fan-engagement and keeping the conversation within their clients’ platforms: BT Sport, T-Mobile Germany (Deutsche Telekom), NPO, ScreenHits TV, LaLiga, Virgin Connect, WeLoveGaming eSports, FIFAe, among others. You can read more about Sceenic here.
About Sports Innovation Lab
Sports Innovation Lab is leading a sports research revolution. Sports Innovation Lab exists to educate clients on the technological possibilities for their brand and how to ultimately drive value to the end consumer: The Fluid Fans. Sports Innovation Lab inspires brands to create breakthrough fan experiences through data-driven technology insights and industry-leading research. You can learn more about Sports Innovation Lab here.