As the community opened earlier this month, the staff of the Moab Adventure Center- the pulse point for all things adventure-related in Moab, Utah- is prepared with newly instituted pandemic-prevention protocols to serve visitors.
As of May 1, 2020, the Southeast Utah Health Department authorized a phased reopening of businesses. Lodging, commercial campgrounds, restaurants and activities are now available and operating within recommended guidelines. And just announced, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks are scheduled to reopen on May 29.
Moab Adventure Center is offering most of its regularly-scheduled activities along with newly added private tours. These include Hummer Safari outings for up to nine people; private canyoneering adventures, exclusive Arches National Park morning tours and private stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) lessons for up to six people; and private Moab rock climbing outings for up to four people.
These programs, assisted by dedicated staff and guides, adhere to new COVID-19 mitigation, operation, and safety protocols enacted to give travelers confidence and assurance. Protocols include cleaning of equipment and vehicles; daily staff and guest health screenings and regulations around food preparation and service.
Vacation-related accommodations are open with occupancy limitations and mandatory 24-hour rest periods between each room use. Moab restaurants are open for carry-out and will also seat a limited number of diners with appropriate spacing. Details on Moab Adventure Center’s full COVID Mitigation and Operations Plan can be found here.
“We’re offering most of our regular adventures in addition to new private tour options for families and colleagues who self-designate as small groups for multi-day rafting adventures and full- and half-day programs,” said Cort Wright, General Manager, Moab Adventure Center. He noted that bookings for private tours of all kinds are up considerably over the same time last year.
The six tours that have been re-tweaked for private groups are;
- Private Slickrock Hummer Safari, a two-hour, off-road excursion in the world’s most serious 4×4. The rate for up to nine people is $795.
- Private Sunset Hummer Tour with hors d’oeuvres and the setting desert sun for three hours. The rate for up to nine people is $895.
- Private Canyoneering Adventure for five hours with two rappels: 90′ into a hidden chasm and 120′ off a giant rock arch. The rate for up to six people is $795.
- Private Moab Rock Climbing Lessons for three hours for gym and beginning climbers and kids. The rate for up to four people is $595.
- Private Arches National Park Morning Tour, a four-hour scenic bus excursion for up to six guests, at $695 per group.
- Private Stand Up Paddleboard Lessons on the Colorado River, a three-hour float with transportation, board rental, instruction, guide, snacks and water. The rate for up to six people is $595.