MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) announced it will reopen Excalibur Hotel & Casino Thursday, June 11 following its closure earlier this year amidst the COVID-19 crisis. Excalibur joins MGM Resorts’ Bellagio, New York-New York, MGM Grand Las Vegas and The Signature, which all opened their doors in Las Vegas Thursday, June 4.
“We are very pleased by the enthusiasm we are seeing from guests ready to come back to Las Vegas,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ Acting CEO and President. “As business demand increases, we are able to open additional properties and bring more of our employees back to work.
Getting people back to work coupled with providing a safer environment for our employees and our guests are our top priorities.”
Health & Safety
MGM Resorts’ comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan” reflects a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. The company will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives include:
* Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
* COVID-19 testing offered for employees as they return to work in partnership with the local medical community
* Employees will be required to wear masks; Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, and in some settings where physical distancing is more difficult and/or barriers do not exist, will be required to do so. Examples of where masks will be required include salons, table games where physical barriers are not in place and elevators, if riding with guests outside of their travel group. Masks will be provided, free of charge
* A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
* For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers will be installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
* Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on casino floors
* Contactless Check-In through the MGM Resorts App allows hotel guests to go through the check-in process on their personal devices, minimizing interactions
* Guestroom Attendants wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and will change gloves between guestrooms
* In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers are utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
* Digital menus are available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the company’s food and beverage outlets
* To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive text message notification when their tables are ready
* MGM has compiled its own internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. They ask that if a guest tests positive after visiting one of our properties, they alert us through a special email address. They will immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
A glimpse at what guests can expect at Excalibur: Within Excalibur’s castle walls, in addition to a full casino experience, guests will enjoy the playful pool complex including the slide pool and the Drenched Pool Cafe, the popular Fun Dungeon Arcade, as well as a variety of bars and dining destinations. Hotel guests also will have access to the Fitness Center.
Hornbuckle added, “We will continue monitoring business trends in the weeks and months ahead and look forward to sharing news around additional property openings here in Las Vegas, and around the country, as it becomes available.”
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500(r) global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, ROAR Digital LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan.
Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies(.