After the recent controversy, the Equifax CEO has suddenly ‘retired’. Eric Schiffer, the Chairman of Reputation Management Consultants, says that “Richard Smith did not have a choice, but that this is not a permanent bloodbath; Equifax can recover.”
- He was probably forced under the threat of a public firing by the board for them having to witness the single greatest act of online security incompetence in modern American history.
- I called publicly for his firing immediately after the incident because Equifax acted like a home security service who waits two months to tell his client they’ve been robbed.
- Equifax’s CEO became the enemy of the American people for failing them miserably. He was painfully unprepared.
- For their next CEO, they need a General Kelly, someone who is competent, knows how to protect and defend, and has great integrity and honor.
- They will recover, it will take a lot of time, but the right leader known for security competence and integrity can turn this around within one to two years or less.
About Eric Schiffer // Los Angeles, CA
Eric Schiffer is a best-selling author, and a successful entrepreneur. He has founded two companies listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, and serves as a trusted advisor to multiple Fortune 500 CEOs, foreign business leaders, and Forbes 400 billionaires. He is the CEO of Patriarch Group, and serves chairman of Reputation Management Consultants- an expert at rebuilding one’s reputation. Eric is also the CEO of Digitalmarketing.com, providing his insights to Fortune 500 CEOs, foreign leaders, Forbes 400 billionaires and celebrities.
Eric Schiffer on FOX News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQm87veDuSY