IMG, the official organizer and operator of New York Fashion Week’s central event, New York Fashion Week (NYFW): The Shows presented by Afterpay, today announced its slate of programming and events for the September 2022 season. NYFW: The Shows is produced by IMG FOCUS. and will take place Friday, September 9 – Wednesday, September 14, 2022, live at Spring Studios and virtually at NYFW.com.
For the fifth season in collaboration with IMG, The Black in Fashion Council Discovery Showrooms returns with a new line-up including Ajovang, Atelier NDigo, HARBISON, IZAYLA, Jessica Rich, Kwame Adusei, Madame Adassa, Muehleder, Sammy B and VAVVOUNE. Additionally,BIFC Designers, IZAYLA, Kwame Adusei, Atelier NDigo, Muehleder and Sammy B will create a capsule collection and pop-up shop in collaboration with Mailchimp, which will be available at Spring Studios and online.
Afterpay, the leader in “Buy Now Pay Later” (BNPL) payments, unveiled limited edition NFTs The Keys to New York Fashion Week – which gives consumer access to limited edition NFTs from ALTU by Joseph Altuzarra, anOnlyChild, Jonathan Simkhai, Kim Shui, and The Blonds only at Keys.NYFW.com. Each designer’s unique NFT serves as a digital collectable and also unlocks real world product drops and exclusive experiences during NYFW: The Shows. All proceeds from the sales of the designer NFT Keys will be donated to Free Arts NYC, bringing art and mentoring programs to children in underserved communities in New York City. Afterpay will also partner with Area and Kim Shui to unlock consumer access to their runway shows.
NYFW: The Talks, IMG’s series of conversations beyond the shows at New York Fashion Week, will feature industry thought leaders discussing compelling topics in fashion this season including:
- Navigating the New Phygital Age of Fashion and Art, presented by Afterpay: Natalie McGrath, VP of Marketing at Afterpay; Elise Swopes, NFT Artist; and Michelle Reeves, Co-founder and CEO of MAVEON world, will discuss decentralizing fashion in the phygital age.
- Cultivating the Future for Latinx Creators, presented by UPS: Moderator Karla Martinez de Salas, EIC of Vogue Mexico; will talk with AWAKE NY Clothing Designer Angelo Baque; Gil “Thermal” Tavernas, Designer, Cofounder of Whensmokeclears; and Carlos Cueto, UPS Senior Manager Digital Commerce & Experience, on Latinx diversity and inclusion in today’s world, as well as the importance of corporate efforts including UPS’s Proudly Unstoppable campaign.
- Mindfulness in Fashion, presented by ALO: Model Hilary Rhoda; Singer, Songwriter Bianca Quiñones; Wellness Professional Christa Janine; and Contemplative Guide & Therapist-In-Training Kirat Randhawa with moderator Chrissy Rutherford, Brand Consultant & Founder of FWD Joy, will discuss how mindfulness plays a role in your mental health when you work in the fashion industry.
- New Faces of Indonesian Fashion, presented by Erigo X Tokopedia: Pasoari Widiastuti, Brand Executive of Erigo X; will share how varied creative practices and rich cultures inform approaches to fashion.
- The Long-Term Luxury of Sustainability, presented by Lovesac: Abrima Erwiah, Co-founder, Studio One Eighty Nine & Director of Gromek Institute for Fashion Business at Parsons School of Design; IMG Model Olivia Ponton; Laura Hodges, Founder and Principal of Laura Hodges Studio; Shawn Nelson, Lovesac Founder & CEO; with moderator Kerry Pieri will discuss Lovesac’s ‘Designed For Life’ philosophy and the importance of eco-consciousness in home + design.
- Ten Years of Costuming the New York City Ballet Fall Fashion Gala: Ahead of NYCB’s decade anniversary of its iconic Fall Fashion Gala, a collection of the events’ key collaborators, Designer Zac Posen; Designer Humberto Leon; Marc Happel, New York City Ballet Director of Costumes; and Choreographer Gianna Reisen, reflect on designing for dance with moderator Donya Archer Bommer, Board of Directors, New York City Ballet.
This season, there are a variety of ways guests of NYFW: The Shows and consumers can participate and experience the excitement and creativity of some of their favorite fashion brands. Guests of NYFW: The Shows can stop by the Alo Yoga Wellness Sanctuary to receive complimentary wellness treatments during the busy fashion week in celebration of the debut of its Aspen Collection, the brand’s first premium collection. Keds, will be unveiling it second exclusive capsule collection on the runway. UPS, returning to NYFW for its second season, will collaborate with Awake NY designer Angelo Baque to celebrate the creative pursuits of exceptional designer talent with a connection to the Latinx community. Additionally, throughout Manhattan fashion fans should be on the lookout for the Lovesac and alice + olivia co-branded Mobile Concierge. Lovesac also enlisted alice + olivia to reveal their limited-edition Sac Cover collaboration at the alice + olivia NYFW presentation.
As the official partner of NYFW: The Shows, On Location, IMG’s premium experience provider, will offer fans access to once-in-a-lifetime moments that only take place at NYFW. Fans can now purchase tickets to shows including Badgley Mischka, The Blonds, Dur Doux, among others, at https://onlocationexp.com/new-york-fashion-week-tickets.
Afterpay is the presenting sponsor for NYFW: The Shows. This multi-year partnership, which kicked off in September 2021, champions American fashion designers, supports the U.S. retail industry, and unlocks access for more consumers to the brands and experiences they love.
NYFW: The Shows is presented by Afterpay with official partners Alo Yoga, Cash App, Grand Marnier, Lovesac, Mailchimp, Keds, Perrier, TRESemmé, logistics partner UPS, innovation partner Yahoo!, and media partner E!.
Through NYFW: The Shows, IMG supports designers in various capacities, including runway and fashion presentations, content, programming and premium experiential hospitality through NYFW: The Experience. The official expanded programming schedule for NYFW: The Shows September 2022, which features more than 140 designer activations is now live on NYFW.com/schedule.
The digital destination of NYFW: The Shows is NYFW.com, the go-to destination for exclusive designer content, livestreamed fashion shows, cultural programming, and commerce surrounding New York Fashion Week. Shows and presentations will also be presented on Runway360, CFDA’s centralized digital hub. Followers can also get a front row seat to Fashion Week by following @NYFW across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media. The company manages some of the world’s greatest athletes and fashion icons; owns and operates hundreds of live events annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in licensing, sports training and league development. IMG is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.
IMG GLAM SLAM