Claus and Jeanette, co-founders of Borgo Santo Pietro, will personally host you in Tuscany to join them in the epicurean experience of the wine harvest. Much more than a mere agricultural event, it is a celebration of the soul of the community and the land.
The harvest includes picking grapes alongside the workers before enjoying a well-earned Tuscan feast which will be produced by Borgo’s Michelin-starred chefs at trestle tables set up under a large oak tree surrounded by the estate’s wine fields and heralded by the notes of local musicians.
As a part of this “la dolce vita” Borgo Santo Pietro lifestyle, guests are invited to explore the estate, to see the animals at the local farm, and even to take a class from Mama Olga at the cooking school.
The experience includes:
- Gourmet breakfast;
- Estate tour of the farm and the Borgo animals;
- Collection of still warm, fresh eggs from the hen houses;
- Lunch (where will this be?);
- Discovering the skill of milking the sheep.
- Gourmet breakfast;
- Tour of the dairy to learn how to make cheese from ravagiolo, Primo Sale, Robiola, Pecorino, and Ricotta cheese;
- The wine harvest with grape picking and the countryside picnic feast;
- Tour of the herb fields which includes collecting herbs for the local production of essential oils.
About Borgo Santo Pietro
Born in 2001 from the desire to create a community and share a tangible sense of home, where nature and luxury flow seamlessly together to build a more sustainable way of living, Borgo Santo Pietro, a luxury five-star boutique hotel and part of Leading Hotels of the World, features 22 rooms and 4 private pool suites decorated with traditional craftsmanship and vintage furnishings, 1 Michelin star restaurant Meo Modo, La Trattoria sull’Albero, a holistic Seed to Skin spa and an estate of over 300 acres with 300 sheep, 20 pigs, 15 alpacas, 175 chickens, 70 rabbits, 11 acres of herbs garden, 2 acres of vegetable gardens, 1 Herb House, 1 Fermentation Laboratory, 1 Borgo Cooking School, 1 Seed to Skin Science Laboratory and hands-on experiences to nurture the body, mind and soul on another level.