By: Skyler Johnson
With New Year’s Eve coming up, it’s time to start thinking about what to drink. 360 has come up with five champagne-filled beverages perfect for the holiday. And if you’re thinking about how to serve them, check out the Chambong plastic champagne flutes. They make it easier, and classier, than ever to consume sparkling wine.
This classic cocktail is perfect for New Year’s. Feel free to switch out lemon juice for grapefruit if you want a sweet twist. Serves 1.
- 2 fl oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 fl oz. Gin
- 2 tsp. Simple Syrup
- 4 fl oz. Chilled Champagne
- A lemon slice and Maraschino Cherry for garnish
- Combine Gin, Lemon Juice, Simple syrup in a Collins glass
- Add ice cubes and Champagne
- Top it off with the garnish
Classic Champagne Cocktail
Another old favorite, this drink originated in the 1800s. Serves 1.
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- 1 oz. Brandy
- 4-6 oz. Champagne
- Orange Slice and Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Places the sugar cube at the bottom of a champagne flute and saturate with bitters
- Add brandy
- Fill with champagne
- Top it off with the garnish
Champagne Ice Cream Cocktail
Perfect for large gatherings, this adult punch is simple yet effective. Serves 16.
- 1 qt. Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 qt. Lemonade
- 1 Bottle Champagne
- 1 Cup Cherry Syrup
- Once the ice cream is softened poor all ingredients into a large punch bowl, mix, and serve
This golden-colored upper is a great way to start (or end) your night. Serves 1.
- 2 oz. Golden rum
- 0.5 oz. Lime juice
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 5 oz. Champagne
- Mix rum, champagne, and honey with ice cubes
- Pour into a collins glass
- Add champagne and serve
This drink is bubbly, sweet, and best of all: festive! Serves 1.
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 4-5 oz. Champagne
- 3 oz. Sprite
- Assorted Pop Rocks
- Vanilla Frosting
- Add Vanilla Vodka, Champagne, and Sprite to glass and mix
- Use vanilla frosting and pop rocks to rim glass
After you toast at midnight enjoy the following drinks:
Wintery Cranberry Margarita
- 1 part Jalapeno-infused Tequila
- 1 part Cranberry juice
- 1/2 part lime juice
- Splash of sour mix
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail mixing glass.
- Stir until combined.
- Dust the rim of the glass with crushed dried lemon rinds, red pepper flakes, and sea salt.
- Pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a stick of fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
The Paper Airplane
- 1.5 oz. Amaro
- 1.5 oz. Aperol
- 1.5 oz. bourbon
- 1.5 oz. fresh lemon juice, strained
- Combine amaro, Aperol, bourbon, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into two coupe glasses.
- Garnish with a paper airplane.
The Vespar Martini
- 3 oz. gin
- 1 oz. vodka
- 0.5 oz. Lillet Blanc
- 3 blue cheese-stuffed olives, skewered on a pick
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with the stuffed olives.
- 2 oz. bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 3 tbsp. homemade ginger syrup (recipe below)
- 3 oz. fresh orange juice
- Fresh snow
- Combine the whiskey, triple sec, ginger syrup, and orange juice.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice and pour the cocktail over.