Reebok announces its partnership with famed music producer, WondaGurl, as part of its ‘It’s A Man’s World’ campaign. WondaGurl is the second female icon the brand has joined forces with for this campaign (after Jazarei-Allen Lord’s custom club c drop).
After breaking into the music scene at 16, Ebony Naomi Oshunrinde, AKA WondaGurl, continues to make a name for herself, working with the likes of Big Sean, Travis Scott, Jay Z, Drake, SZA and Rihanna.
A woman who is defying convention every day, WondaGurl embodies the ‘It’s A Man’s World’ message through her relentless drive to break barriers in the music world. Bringing her personal story with ‘It’s A Man’s World’ to life, WondaGurl worked with Reebok to update the classic Aztrek 96 sneaker.
WondaGurl’s Shoe Design, Inspiration & Quotes:
- On the surface, WondaGurl’s shoe has a simple all-black aesthetic composed of 3M.
- “I just knew I wanted the shoe black. I’m just simple. I don’t really like to show myself off.”
- When exposed to a camera flash, the 3M material unveils unique graphics such as audio waves and a USB symbol representing WondaGurl’s wrist tattoo.
- “The USB is literally the most important thing to me. Literally everything I need goes through the USB.”
- The shoe features a smiley face patch on the heel as a nod to WondaGurl’s “Enjoy Life” motto.
- “It’s my motto really. It’s funny how it started. My bro walked out of the studio and I said “alright, enjoy life!” That was literally the first time I ever said it, and I was like “wow, this is kind of cool.””
- WondaGurl used the inside of the shoe to share the most meaningful aspects of her life.
- “It’s the things that make me happy: My family. My good friends. Love. Food. The studio. The process. Achieving my goals. Being healthy. Being free.”
Arriving in inclusive men’s and women’s size ranges, the Reebok Classic x WondaGurl ‘
It’s A Man’s World’ Aztrek 96 will be available on November 5th at www.Reebok.com/IAMW.