Rent any car you want, wherever you want it, from our nationwide community of local car owners, or make extra money renting out your car.
The company is introducing Turo Go, an exciting new feature to book and unlock cars instantly via the Turo app. Starting Tuesday, June 12th Turo is opening up an early-access waitlist for hosts to sign up to get Turo Go devices installed in their cars this fall.
Guests will be able to book cars on demand via the Turo app and unlock/lock the car automatically, without having to arrange key pick-up & drop-off. Host will now have the ability to share their cars even when they may not be available for an in-person key handoff – All thanks to the power of technology.
- Announcing Turo Go, a new feature to book and unlock instantly cars via the Turo app.
- Turo is enlisting hosts who would like to receive early access to Turo Go’s remote access hardware and software solution. (IT IS OPTIONAL)
- Turo Go officially launches to both sides of the marketplace this fall.
- Turo Go reduces friction on both sides of the marketplace.
◦ Guests can book cars on demand via the Turo app and unlock & lock the car automatically, without having to arrange key pick-up & drop-off.
◦ Hosts can more easily share their cars on Turo and make their cars even more available. With Turo Go, hosts can share their cars even when they may not be available for an in-person key handoff.
Why are we introducing Turo Go? Our community is leading the way.
◦ Hosts are already sharing their connected cars on Turo: over 17,000 vehicles in our marketplace already offer remote access to facilitate Turo trips.
◦ Hosts are already making their cars available on-demand: over 20% of Turo hosts accept bookings with just one hour advance notice (currently the minimum option available).
◦ Guests like on-demand/instant gratification: over two thirds of Turo trips are instantly booked.
Turo offers the most convenient booking options compared to traditional car rental and other car sharing options. Over two-thirds of Turo trips are instantly booked and 64% of hosts offer delivery directly to the guest. In addition, over 17,000 Turo cars offer remote access. Turo Go further enhances customer experience by empowering Turo guests to book and unlock cars instantly via the Turo app, and makes sharing your car even easier for hosts.
Turo is the world’s leading peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace, and best-positioned to disrupt the $80 billion car rental industry
• Largest user base:
- Over 6 million sign-ups
- Quarter million listed vehicles
- Most completed trips: Over 4.5 million trip days
- Largest geographic footprint: 5500 cities, presence in 56+ countries
- 205 million in funding raised, including a $104 Series D