The team at created a graphic of the Fastest Commute Cities in California.
See the 79 places in California with the lowest average travel time to work below, and the highest average travel time to work places at the bottom of the list.
This is based on the latest estimates from the American Community Survey for all cities in California with a population of 60,000 or more.
Everyone hates sitting in traffic. Less time commuting means more time for work, family, and fun.
The California average travel time to work from the latest estimates is 29.4 and has risen 1.8% from 28.9.
This year saw several big changes:
· Chico, CA ranked for the first time
· Fresno, CA fell from #1 to #2
· Santa Maria, CA ranked for the first time
· Napa, CA fell from #2 to #4
· Davis, CA ranked for the first time.
· Citrus Heights, CA saw the biggest percentage increase in average travel time to work at 12.4%,
· Pasadena, CA saw the largest percentage descrease at -8.6%.