Beat that mid-winter slump and those cold front blues by celebrating National Irish Coffee Day this Friday, January 25th!
Celebrate this special holiday with some traditional and not so traditional Irish Coffee recipes made with Jameson Irish Whiskey. There’s no better way to celebrate Irish Coffee day than with a with an expertly crafted coffee cocktail (or two).
Jameson Irish Coffee
· 1/3 parts Demerara and Muscovado sugar syrup
· 1 part Jameson *rounded down 5 mls
· 1 part lightly whipped double cream
· 3 parts medium roasted espresso coffee
· 1 vanilla pod or cinnamon for garnish
· Fresh grated nutmeg
HOW TO MAKE:
· Dissolve 2 parts Demerara sugar and 1 part Muscovado sugar in 3 parts of boiling water for the syrup.
· Stir sugar syrup into Jameson in a warmed glass.
· Whip chilled double cream lightly until it starts to stiffen.
· Brew a shot of coffee into the glass from your espresso machine (check out the Breville one we found here).
· Reload and brew in a second shot.
· Pour over the whipped cream into the coffee over the back of a spoon so it floats on top.
· Garnish with a trimmed vanilla pod or a stick of cinnamon and dust with a grating of fresh nutmeg.
Jameson Iced Coffee
· 1 part Jameson
· 0.5 parts Kahlúa
· 1 part chilled espresso
· 0.25 parts sugar syrup
HOW TO MAKE:
· Combine Jameson Original, Kahlua, Espresso and sugar syrup (to taste).
· Shake and serve on the rocks finished with a sprig of mint.
Irish Cold Brew Martini