A new survey from NJOnline reveals the quirkiest ways that Americans would spend ONE BILLION dollars if they were to win the jackpot; it’s safe to say some people had some crazy ideas!
- Disappear, go into hiding, or buy “at least 5 wooded acres with off-grid underground living in Washington or Oregon”…
- Drink “all of the piña coladas”. All of them.
- Buy the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Team
- 14% Would Buy an Island
25-34 year olds expressed the highest degree of interest in buying an island instead, with 17.4% making that their answer, compared to an overall overage of 14%. It was least popular among 18-24 year olds, of whom only 6.5% considered an ocean-encircled territory something they’d want.
- 28% Would Buy a Mansion
- Invest in a trip around the world
- Buy an island, a yacht and a self-driving car
- Create a cat playground worthy of visitation
- Purchase a pink diamond
- Hire a bodyguard
- “Sit on my porch with a cold one and watch the sunset”
The ideas ranged from big scale to small, and there was a huge range of visions for these prospective billionaires.